PDA

View Full Version : alternatives to scouts

reefgazer1963
05-29-2013, 05:04 AM
so I am editing this post to apologize; it seems there is a thread nearly identical to it a few lines down. but my kids are of a bit different age that the other poster, so if anyone has ideas for their my kids' ages, i'd appreciate it.

anway, I logged on here this evening to ask a question about girl scout alternatives, and I wound up giving a lengthy answer to the previously-posted scouting thread. just getting around to asking my original question, lol!

as you can tell from my reply to the previous scouting thread, I am not a fan of girl scouts. so I am looking for an alternative for my daughter, but I am kind of stumped. she would love 4H, but we live in a very urban environment, and I don't think that there is a chapter in our city. we are not terribly religious, so I don't really want to go in the religious-activity direction. she already plays multiple sports, and I was looking for an option that was different from that. anyway, does anyone have an ideas for an activity that an urban kid would enjoy, with kids from her own age bracket (she is 10, soon to be 11)?

murphs_mom
05-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Have you checked out DIY (diy.org)?

reefgazer1963
05-29-2013, 03:56 PM
i'll have to check this out, thanks!

Have you checked out DIY (diy.org)?