PDA

View Full Version : From a horrible start to the day to a great morning!

jettyspagetti
07-13-2010, 11:15 AM
My day started off with waking up to a living room and kitchen filled with evidence that one of our dogs was sick. Totally gross. After an hour of steamcleaning and mopping, the house was better but my mood still stank.

Enter my daughter, "mom can I please do some school work today?"

Now my mood is much better:)

We are taking the summer off but I am itching to get back to school work. I've been ordering all our school supplies online and as they arrive I feel like its my birthday! I love looking through everything and getting great ideas for the year and I can hardly wait to get started.:o

Baberry
07-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Don't you just love it when they ask to do school work? We, too, are taking the summer off, but my daughter often request that we do some fun schoolwork. I'm always happy to oblige. I hope your furbaby is feeling better too.

Fiddler
07-15-2010, 08:37 AM
I love it when curricula and school supplies start arriving in the mail or via the big brown truck. It's better than Christmas! :)

jettyspagetti
07-15-2010, 10:46 AM
I think my husband is a little tired of my excitement over the school supplies. I can't help it though! My daughter is ready to dive into her stuff and my son would rather savor the time away from the books:) Although he proudly shows off all the books to his friends when they come over and talks about all the "cool stuff" he gets to learn. I need to save that good feeling for when he's complaining about work when we get back to learning!

Oh, and the furbaby is all better now:)

Shoe
07-15-2010, 09:35 PM
My day started off with waking up to a living room and kitchen filled with evidence that one of our dogs was sick. Totally gross. After an hour of steamcleaning and mopping, the house was better but my mood still stank. My vacation ended the same way...

But it's good to be back home and have access to my computer and a few beer.

Now my mood is much better :)

We are also taking the summer off (except for some historical fieldtrips while on vacation...pictures may follow), but I've also been getting lots of school supplies online and feeling the same way when they arrive. I'm looking forward to starting the next year as well.