PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to have the house to myself

Busygoddess
07-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Today I'm going to have the house to myself for hours. When I was a teen, if I had the house to myself for hours, I'd have friends over & throw an impromptu party. Now, as an adult, I have the house to myself & I'm going to spend the time doing schoolwork.

My MIL is having a b-day party for hubby's uncle. Hubby is going & taking the kids with him. I made the Spring Shrimp Bruschetta & the Jell-o, since I was asked to. I've decided not to go, though. I'm going to stay home & do school. I haven't had a chance to work on school for weeks. I'm going to set myself up with some food, drinks, background noise (movie, tv show, or music), and my nice comfy chair. Then, I'm going to spend the day doing as much school as I can possibly get done. I'm not answering the phone or the door. I might hop on the computer later, when I take a break, but that's it. There will be no other interaction with anyone until hubby & the kids get home.
Well, time to go get them all ready. They're leaving in an hour and then my wild day of school starts. :D

Sarbare0704
07-11-2010, 11:06 AM
have fun! I think i forgot what being alone is! It has been so long!

wild_destiny
07-11-2010, 11:08 AM
A whole day on your own--I am so jealous! :) Enjoy it!

hockeymom
07-11-2010, 11:23 AM
DH and I got to have a couple hours to ourselves yesterday that we hadn't planned on, and had a wild time...grocery shopping. I hope your school work is more fun than that! Enjoy!

Sarbare0704
07-11-2010, 01:33 PM
DH and I got to have a couple hours to ourselves yesterday that we hadn't planned on, and had a wild time...grocery shopping. I hope your school work is more fun than that! Enjoy!

LOL you sound like us!

callie
07-11-2010, 03:35 PM
LOL you sound like us!

Same here. Whenever we get some time by ourselves, we go window shopping. Exciting, huh?

camaro
07-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Opposite situation here. I have the boys with me a lot lately. I had to get started cutting hay yesterday so when Carla headed off to work I brought them with me in the tractor. Imagine having your children with you for several hours in a bathroom stall. I try to avoid doing that too often as it's rather headache-inducing. I'd rather have been grocery shopping. :)

Busygoddess
07-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm finally allwoing myself a break of more than 5 minutes, now that I've done 5 chapters & all the assignments, questions, and tests (including the optional stuff) for them. I still have another 3 chapters to go to reach my goal for today, though.

Normally, if hubby & I get a day alone, we clean the house or work on one of the many household projects we've got going. Grocery shopping without the kids is a very rare treat.

mjzzyzoff
07-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Gosh, I just don't understand you people. I go grocery shopping when the kid is at sch... oh, wait....

I guess THAT's not happening anymore! :)

schwartzkari
07-11-2010, 10:50 PM
I had some time to myself last night...my hubby took our daughter to the movies and my son was sound asleep at 6pm (WHAT?! lol). I was "alone" for about 6 hours. I did some homework, listened to my iPod, planned some lessons and then I actually watched TV that WAS NOT Spongebob Squarepants or Blues Clues related. LOL.
:)

hockeymom
07-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Gosh, I just don't understand you people. I go grocery shopping when the kid is at sch... oh, wait....

I guess THAT's not happening anymore! :)

LOL. Same goes for doctors appointments, hair cuts, going to the dentist, coffee dates with friends...

My DS got to accompany me to the dermatologist the other day, who insisted on giving a full body scan (a good thing, but not one I would have done with DS in the room). DS is so curious and wants to know everything that is happening so it was kind of awkward for me, but at least he found it fascinating! Can we count doctor's appointments as health class?

Busygoddess
07-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I had some time to myself last night...my hubby took our daughter to the movies and my son was sound asleep at 6pm (WHAT?! lol). I was "alone" for about 6 hours. I did some homework, listened to my iPod, planned some lessons and then I actually watched TV that WAS NOT Spongebob Squarepants or Blues Clues related. LOL.
:)

I need background noise at all times. When I'm doing something I need to focus on, like homework, it has to be something I can ignore easily. So, I had Rugrats playing the entire time I was working on school.
I never got back to work yesterday, hubby and the kids came home just as I was getting ready to start working again.

callie
07-20-2010, 05:32 PM
It is amazing what you can get done when the husband and children are away. I had most of Friday and Saturday by myself. DH went out of state on business and the boys went to visit relatives. I managed to watch two movies and hear every word. Of course I was folding laundry and working on Jake's preschool work for next year. And that was just Friday evening. Saturday I got up early and built, sanded, and painted a shelf to put Jake's toy boxes on. This is stuff that I can't get done when the kids or DH is around. My DH found it hilarious that I managed to eat a whole pack of hotdogs in a day. But that was the best part - I didn't have to cook anything for anyone but me.