PDA

View Full Version : new VA teen group for homeschoolers

murphs_mom
05-16-2013, 10:28 PM
I received the message below through a different HS group today. We're not in northern VA, but I know a few of the members here may be. I sent a quick email to the organizers to see if it's inclusive. I've been assured that it's for all HS teens. Please don't beat me up if they lied to me. :wasntme: Sounds like fun...almost makes me wish we were in NOVA.

We -- and our teens -- are inviting all homeschooling teens (ages 13-18) to a party in the park, on Thursday, May 30th, at 1:00 pm. Come meet each other and have fun. Bring your current friends, and make some new ones. We'll have playful activities to help you get acquainted. We are two homeschooling moms organizing teen outings in the Northern Virginia area throughout the year (typically on Thursdays). This is our kick-off event. We hope to see you there.

Please let us know by 5/22/13 that you're coming and how many teens you'll be bringing. Please contact us at our joint e-mail account: [email protected] And please pass it on! Thanks.

dbmamaz
05-16-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah, i saw that, too bad its like 2 hours away . . . not worth it to us.

murphs_mom
05-17-2013, 12:23 AM
I have a 17yo in a 7yo's body...I don't think that counts. If she was in the right age range, I'd go for it even if I had to drive the 2hr. I would hope that we'd meet at least one other kid she could click with and that they might be willing to meet midway once a week or so. Yep, I'm desperate enough to do the drive.

outskirtsofbs
05-17-2013, 04:21 AM
I have a 17yo in a 7yo's body...I don't think that counts. If she was in the right age range, I'd go for it even if I had to drive the 2hr. I would hope that we'd meet at least one other kid she could click with and that they might be willing to meet midway once a week or so. Yep, I'm desperate enough to do the drive.
I've got like a 14-16 year old trapped in a 10 year old's body. I can totally relate. It's too bad we don't live close.

Kimberlapoderosa
05-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Can you tell me where this group is posted?

dbmamaz
05-17-2013, 10:35 AM
They posted it to the VA Eclectic yahoo group, that's where I saw it. But just exactly what she posted, no website - just email the contact person.

I find enough people in Richmond to hang out with, tho, esp considering we arent hugely social.

murphs_mom
05-18-2013, 12:19 AM
Can you tell me where this group is posted?

It came through a gifted homeschooler group in the DC/NOVA area that I belong to. I think it was Dena who sent the reply regarding whether or not it was an inclusive group...can't remember. They will probably tell you where they're based out of or if they have site if you email them. :)