PDA

View Full Version : Uzinggo Curriculum

Jenavieves
05-11-2013, 04:17 PM
I am having a hard time finding anything I like for my soon to be 7th grader. (This will be my first time homeschooling.)

For me, there is a time and place for religion and I do not want it integrated.
She loves math, science, reading, and is a visual/hands on learner. However she hates writing and history, LA, SS.

Has anyone used Uzinggo for math and science? What did you think of it? When I started looking I was thinking of using Think Well for math but now I am not sure.

Are there any hands on interactive history, SS, or LA programs?

dbmamaz
05-11-2013, 04:38 PM
i've never heard of it, but you might check out the list of secular curriculum on this website? you can find it under resources, or click on the green blackboard on the front page

Jenavieves
05-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Uzinggo is new Adaptive Curriculum online
Science & Math Homework Help & Online Tutoring | Uzinggo (http://www.uzinggo.com/)

atomicgirl
05-11-2013, 04:55 PM
We've been trying out Moving Beyond the Page units for Literature and SS. It might be worth taking a look at their sample lessons because they include a lot of hands-on extension activities. If you're thinking about Thinkwell from math you also might want to look at ALEKS. My daughter liked it better than Thinkwell, because she prefers to jump in and try things than to watch a lecture and then try to duplicate what was taught. They are both completely on the computer and similar in cost.

farrarwilliams
05-11-2013, 08:19 PM
From a quick google, it looks like a test prep tutoring thing, not a full curriculum? But like others, I've never heard of it.

Jenavieves
05-13-2013, 07:39 AM
After looking into it more, you are right. However because it is hands on I think I might try to use it in addition to other things...

Now to go check out ALEKS. TY guys!

Kimberlapoderosa
05-13-2013, 08:49 AM
I can't find much in the way of reviews for it but the sample lessons seem well-made. It is on sale at the coop right now 40% off.

farrarwilliams
05-13-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm always a bit suspicious of things that most homeschoolers don't use or that most haven't heard of. I don't know if that's justified or not though... And obviously curricula has to start getting known somewhere.

Jenavieves
05-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Oh, I agree! I heard of it from my 6yr old's teacher and have found a few news reviews of it. I think I will try it out.

Adaptive Curriculum Launches Online Learning System Uzinggo -- THE Journal (http://thejournal.com/articles/2013/03/04/adaptive-curriculum-launches-online-learning-system-uzinggo.aspx)

Uzinggo: Online tutoring for the digital age (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21363757/2013/02/26/uzinggo-online-tutoring-for-the-digital-age)

lineymom
03-19-2014, 04:04 PM
So did you try it? Did you/your child like it?

lakersey
03-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Uzzingo is just Adaptive Curriculum organized so that your child can work through independently (mainly as a study aid) with some incentive stuff thrown in. If you want to incorporate Adaptive Curriculum's interactives into what you're doing, the best place to get it is at learning.com. Sign up for a free account, then you can purchase either Middle School Math, Middle School Science, High School Math or High School Science for $8.00 per student per year. I've used them as an add-on to our science and math. Some of them are very involved and interesting, while others are kind of Meh. But, for $8/year, it's worth it to have around (and a fraction of the cost of getting it through Uzinggo or Adaptive Curriculum, even on sale).