PDA

View Full Version : Humor, out of the mouth of babes.

StartingOver
07-08-2010, 04:21 PM
We were enjoying a nice rainy day nap. But my 2 year old was finished before Quince and I. I told her a couple of times to lay down and go back to sleep. Finally she demanded in a loud voice, "Mom I need to Poop !!! " Mom jumps up, opens the door and out we all go.

Just as I sit on the couch, I tell her to go potty. She says, " No, Momma I don't have to, I just wanted to get up." The child has figured me out, there are 3 things that will get me out of bed in a hurry. * I am gonna puke, I need to poop, and The coffee is done !!! LMAO

Now they just need to get big enough to make me coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!

sb12345
07-08-2010, 05:33 PM
That is too cute!!! :D

ercswf
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
have you ever wondered how they pick up on the coffee one? My animals, older kids and my 3 month old all some how know to leave me to my coffee till i've finished my first cup. It's like once the beep the machine makes to tell me it's ready the house suddenly goes quiet.

Annie
07-08-2010, 06:58 PM
That's what I love about motherhood. It's completely schizo. On the one hand, you are frustrated that they figured you out. On the other hand, you're proud they figured you out.

Just gotta love this job! :)

camaro
07-08-2010, 07:13 PM
have you ever wondered how they pick up on the coffee one? My animals, older kids and my 3 month old all some how know to leave me to my coffee till i've finished my first cup. It's like once the beep the machine makes to tell me it's ready the house suddenly goes quiet.

Hmmmm...I wonder if I could return my boys for a refund. If they're supposed to be this way I think they're defective. When I get my first coffee they want breakfast. It's gotten to the point I just don't bother until they're fed! Ya know, it's kinda like when the phone rings it's a signal to increase the volume until you can't hear who you're talking to.

StartingOver
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
That is too cute!!! :D

Yeah I had to laugh, for sure !

StartingOver
07-08-2010, 08:20 PM

Oh everyone knows not to talk to mom till I have had a cup of coffee. I can talk very mean or send them all, children and adults alike to timeout LOL. I once told my mom I was going to send her to timeout, it didn't work..... I was at her house. ;-)

StartingOver
07-08-2010, 08:21 PM
That's what I love about motherhood. It's completely schizo. On the one hand, you are frustrated that they figured you out. On the other hand, you're proud they figured you out.

Just gotta love this job! :)

She is my quiet one, she could have taken a bit longer. Now it will probably be a couple of years before I get to sleep in again. LOL I have spent the last 4 year, up until last month, getting up at 5:30 am. Sleeping in till 8 am, or taking a nap is sooooooo sweet.

StartingOver
07-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Hmmmm...I wonder if I could return my boys for a refund. If they're supposed to be this way I think they're defective. When I get my first coffee they want breakfast. It's gotten to the point I just don't bother until they're fed! Ya know, it's kinda like when the phone rings it's a signal to increase the volume until you can't hear who you're talking to.

LMAO Poor David !! It requires training, you need to teach them that they can find something easy to eat until coffee is drank, at least one cup. I keep teddy grahams, ritz crackers, granola bars, and other such stuff for morning snack BEFORE breakfast, which comes after mom's first cup of cofee. The only thing that won out over coffee was a nursing baby, and I don't have one of those anymore !

ercswf
07-08-2010, 09:07 PM
to funny about telling your mom you were going to put her in to time out. I did put my mom into timeout once.

StartingOver
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
to funny about telling your mom you were going to put her in to time out. I did put my mom into timeout once.

And she didn't get up and whip you, mine did LOL

hockeymom
07-09-2010, 07:58 AM

Totally.

I remember leaving my dad alone in the mornings, by unwritten law, while he enjoyed his morning coffee and read the newspaper. It was sacred time for him, but I'm sure no one ever had to tell me that. My son, on the other hand, talks to me the entire time I drink coffee and go online to check the headlines (on the homeschooling blogs that is!). It doesn't matter how many times I ask for a few minutes of quiet, it's been the same for 7 1/2 years. Same if I try to write something on the computer, it's like a signal to start talking (like right now, there's a simultaneous conversation going on about how it would be awesome if Mr. Freeze could re-freeze places in the north so the polar bears don't have to go extinct). Every now and again I'll get a couple minutes of quiet to check on something online, but as soon as my fingers touch the keyboard to respond or write an email, DS is drawn to wherever I am like a magnet. Also, he reads everything on the computer over my shoulder all.the.time.

Who are these kids who let you have coffee in quiet, and what planet did they come from?

Riceball_Mommy
07-09-2010, 10:11 AM
What's funny is my daughter will actually tell me to go check my email. She likes to just sit quietly and watch tv or play with her toys in the morning. If I try to talk to her too much she starts yelling "No! Go check yours email!" She's only 4, sometimes though I'll have to contend with "what's that?" and then her head in front of the screen blocking my view.

I will say though during the rare times I'm on the phone, especially for something important and I've left the room. That's the signal to track me down and ask me a bunch of questions about what I'm doing and who I'm talking to.