PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas area parents! Museum suggestions.

Misha
05-03-2013, 10:51 PM
We are moving to Henderson very soon, I see there a lot of really interesting sounding museums. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

LadyXDM
05-06-2013, 12:28 PM
My favorite two from the area are the Clark County Heritage Museum and the Atomic Testing Museum.

marnapez
05-07-2013, 08:27 PM
We recently ventured out to the Springs Preserve...along with our ticket purchase we got into the Nevada State Museum for FREE. My kids who are between the ages of 6 & 15 had an awesome time.

Take2
05-07-2013, 09:02 PM
The Liberace Museum...haha! I used to live in Henderson, but it was pre-marriage and kids and didn't visit the museums!

CeciMami
05-13-2013, 09:40 AM
We recently got a membership to the Natural History Museum and love it! I have to admit that my expectations weren't real high when we visited for the first time but I was pleasantly surprised and now we go at least once a month for their "weekend science" series. They also have this great live performance on mummification once a month that my 7yr old loved and fit right in with our history studies!

The Springs Preserve is awesome, we've been members there for years and the kids never seem to get tired of going there.

We just got a membership to the new children's museum and it is SO much better than it used to be. Totally worth the money! Oh, if you can, save some money on membership by checking out the one where unrelated people can be on one membership...I should've done that!

I know it's not a museum, but we also have a yearly pass at Red Rock. Their visitors center is cool and there's tons of hiking, at all levels, to be had! One of my kids favorite hikes there is the Children's Discovery Trail, which shares a trailhead with the Lost Creek trail.

I'm going to have to check out the Heritage Museum and the Atomic Testing museum...it's good to have indoor stuff to do when it gets super hot outside!

LadyXDM
05-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Ceci, The Heritage Museum is outdoors so don't go in July and be hot and disappointed! haha It is really, really cool though and totally worth a trip on a nice day.