PDA

View Full Version : I have been without a computer for a week

Wilma
07-06-2010, 04:07 PM
and I really kind of liked it. My computer problems were related to the fact my hard drive was dying. Hubs was no help. When I complained and swore something was wrong, he said "It's Windows, what do you expect?" I knew I was in trouble when I took it in and the tech blanched when I told him my OS was Vista. So, I got a new hard drive and Windows 7, which seems much better, even though I am running the 32 bit version because I need more memory. I keep trying to remember all the extra software I need to load, like my Blackberry software, and my printer software is being difficult. I am also curious to see if carbonite lives up to its claims. I am restoring as I type.

But it was very nice with no computer. We got a lot done.

wild_destiny
07-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I wondered what was up. You usually have a lot of interesting things to contribute, but it was eerily quiet on the Oklahoman front. Glad you got your computer going again--but also glad you got a lot done--I'll bet that was nice!!

paganmomblog
07-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Well boo on computer problems but yay on enjoying the time off. I try to regularly schedule time off the computer so I don't feel so plugged in all the time. I literally feel better without being plugged in sometimes.