PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used Herb Fairies?

KittyP
04-08-2013, 07:39 PM
I've been looking for an herbalism course and I found this one called Herb Fairies (www.herbfairies.com). It looks really interesting and it's geared for kids, but although it has audio books for pre-readers, I'm still waffling whether or not Kiddo would get it. Has anybody used or had experience with this program or other Learning Herbs products? Kiddo is 4.5 and he's been fascinated by all the plants in our yard and what we can do with them, so I definitely want to encourage that. I am a little worried about whether or not we could actually find the herbs mentioned in the book around here and if we could reuse the program without having to buy it again.

If anyone knows about the series, I'd love to hear your experiences, or if you know any other good kid-friendly plant books. We have a ton of picture identification books, but they're just a little too dull for him at this point.

Mslksdh
04-10-2013, 06:25 PM
I have never heard of this but it looks AWESOME!

MrsLOLcat
04-10-2013, 10:47 PM
If you decide to do it, let me know so I can add the site and try to remember to do it next year. It does look neat.

Little Brownelf
04-11-2013, 01:22 AM
I've lurked the site, but have yet to try them.

KittyP
04-12-2013, 05:40 PM
We decided to go for it. We'll see how much Kiddo enjoys the books, but I think he's going to love the recipes and activities.

Teri
04-12-2013, 06:58 PM
We bought it when they released the first book last year. I have kind of ignored it up until now. I just put them all on Libby's Kindle today though.

KristinK
04-18-2013, 09:39 PM
very cool looking. please post updates! They are closed to orders right now, but I'm getting on their email list. I've always been tempted to buy Wildcraft!

Teri
04-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Both of the girls finished the series and really enjoyed it. I printed off the journal pages for both of them and Caroline is going to re-read the books (they read all of them this week. )