PDA

View Full Version : Wii for PE

Sarbare0704
07-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I have seen a couple of you mention that you use the Wii for PE I was wondering what games you use like or dislike. We rented Just Dance this week to check it out and we will be getting it for sure not only for Lucy but for us I love something where I can get a little workout without it feeling like work! Lucy is still too small for most of the wii fit stuff, but I would love to hear what you guys use!

schwartzkari
07-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Just Dance is excellent! My daughter and I work up a sweat playing it, LOL!
Otherwise, we own Guitar Hero and RockBand and a few Mario games, so I'm interested to see what everyone else says here.

Jilly
07-05-2010, 05:17 PM
We have Wii Fit Plus. The kids use it about 4 or 5 days a week. It is great and holds their interest because it combines exercise with fun games.

We are going to buy Walk It Out soon. I heard that was another great game for exercising.

Dana
07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
We also have Wii Fit Plus. I'm not nearly as regular on it as I should be, but I like it. Wii Sports Resort is good too. My son likes the "fencing" and I enjoyed throwing the frisbee when frustrated.

I have (but haven't done much with) Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii. I have some of the older versions for the original XBox. That's a serious way to get your pulse up (when the machine doesn't mock you).

SherryZoned
07-06-2010, 02:04 PM
We love wii sports resort. We do not have wii fit. I think that will be for christmas along with Just Dance and there new one Just Dance Broadway.

I LOVE the wii and do not play it enough!

Melissa541
07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
My girls also enjoy Just Dance and Wii Fit. The others that get them up & moving as well are Cooking Mama & Boom Blox.

schwartzkari
07-06-2010, 06:11 PM
We love wii sports resort. We do not have wii fit. I think that will be for christmas along with Just Dance and there new one Just Dance Broadway.

I LOVE the wii and do not play it enough!

Just Dance Broadway?! I need that!
*JAZZ HANDS!*

Sarbare0704
07-06-2010, 10:12 PM
There is also a new version of Just Dance coming out in October! 40+ new songs i think!

schwartzkari
07-06-2010, 10:52 PM
There is also a new version of Just Dance coming out in October! 40+ new songs i think!

Another reason for my downstairs neighbor to dislike me! HA HA HA :D

Ashlyn
07-13-2010, 10:27 PM
We have guitar hero and rockband too. If you're family really gets into it like ours does, its a GREAT work out!! :) But some of my kids friends have come over and they just stand limp and play the guitar or just stand still to sing and we're all rooting for them to get into it. LOL! We also have Wii Play, Wii Sports(Boxing and bowling are my FAVE on here), Decca Sports and we've tried Wii playground at the library and liked it too. I personally would LOVE to get Wii fit and dance dance revolution!

Ashlyn

Shoe
07-15-2010, 10:51 PM
I tried out some kind of ski-jumping game that was fun...although unrelated to homeschooling...my sister-in-law bought a Wii and Wii fit and we were just trying it out.

DDuckie
07-22-2010, 01:49 PM
We love Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resorts. If we're using it for PE (less often now because we're taking tae kwon do), everyone does the WFP for 30 minutes.

We have Dance Dance Revolution for our PS2, but I think it's only been played once or twice. (Probably because we got the Wii shortly after!)

pandahoneybee
07-23-2010, 11:21 AM
We have the Wii fit plus also;) we also use the Wii play(sports) gets them up and they are very into the tennis and bowling