PDA

View Full Version : Muffins stick when using paper liners o.O

Taimy
03-20-2013, 01:34 AM
Whenever I do my muffins without the liners it kind of get too toasted and dry at the button. My dh and I decided that they taste better when I use the paper liners. However I noticed every time I take out a muffin from the liners the muffin is completely stick to it. I read somewhere to spread a little butter or very small amount of Pam or similar non-stick baking spray. I haven't try with the baking spray because I have read awful stuff abut it and the only time I bough one my dh blame on it for damaging the top of our electric skillet. I have been using butter on the liners though. The muffins came out ok still my liners are way to greasy. Now I just bought some fancy liners and I don't want my liners to end up ugly and oily. Can anyone advise me what to do to prevent muffins from sticking to the liners or the liners to get oily?

Thanks,
:)

Stella M
03-20-2013, 02:24 AM
Silicone muffin 'tins'. Reusable. Muffins never dry out and never stick. You can buy them in pretty pastels also.

MrsLOLcat
03-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Or silicone muffin cups, so you don't even have to store the tins. Just line them up on a baking sheet and fill, then stack them together and store in a much smaller space!

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
03-21-2013, 01:12 PM
I grease the tins (canola oil and a pastry brush) and cook the muffins for a bit longer at a lower temp so they don't get crunchy on the bottoms.

Taimy
03-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks you all. I will try the silicone muffin cups for the muffins I make for home. The ones I make to share I will try AddlepatedMonkeyMamma's advice. :)