PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Faerie Festival

murphs_mom
03-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Has anyone here attended the festival in Darlington? If so, what was your thoughts on it (good, bad, or otherwise)?

JinxieFox
03-09-2013, 03:44 AM
When I lived in Dover, I had many friends who loved attending it. Wish I'd gone before I moved overseas. *sigh* But I've heard nothing but good things about it. :)

farrarwilliams
03-09-2013, 06:51 AM
I've never managed to make it, but everyone I know who has loves it.

murphs_mom
03-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the input! We did the Pagan Fest in Dover when DD was 18mo and that was fun. Too stinkin' hot, but still fun. :) I think we're gonna try to do the Faerie Fest...gotta get busy sewing! I think DD is at the ripe age for the fest. Thanks again!

JinxieFox
03-10-2013, 05:45 AM
Really? Which year did you go to Dover's PPD, Carolyn? I organized the very first one in 2002, but I was pregnant with my son and told the local community someone else would have to do it after that, if they wanted to make it an annual event. ;)

I attended regularly until 2008, because I moved to Korea in 2009.

murphs_mom
03-10-2013, 02:18 PM
If I'm doing the math right, it would have been (Aug?) of 2007. In the pic of her and DH, she looks 18mo or so. And, yeah, we learned about the fest from you. :D (I just you another PM about that, BTW.) We saw the Spiral Scouts table setup at the fest and I wanted to introduce myself, but there were three people deeply engrossed in a conversation...I didn't want to interrupt because I wasn't positive one of them was even you. I'm a weenie. :p I thought it was a good event. A tad hot for my choosing (downside of being near menopause, I guess), but fun nonetheless.

JinxieFox
03-10-2013, 04:41 PM
That is just too funny, Carolyn! I was there in 2007 and probably even saw you guys there. Oh yeah, Spiral Scouts got quite a bit of interest! It's just wicked funny that you and I "know" each other from emails and such, from 5 years ago.

Yeah, Pagan Pride is generally supposed to be in September, at the time of the Autumnal Equinox. However, the folks who took it over decided to do August each year. Icky hot! But, oh well. Still fun to attend. :)

And truly funny to remember all of this stuff with you - the DEPaganHomeschoolers list (so sad that it's now defunct since I left), Spiral Scouts, and Dover's Pagan Pride Day.

I hope you make it out to the Faerie Fest and have fun there!

murphs_mom
03-11-2013, 01:33 AM
Since they aren't having it on or near the Equinox anyway, it's a shame they won't consider moving it to October/November or in the late spring. August is just stifling some years. :-( Oh well, hopefully the Faerie Fest will be much better weather! Thanks again for the info and the trip down memory lane!