PDA

View Full Version : A moment of happiness

reversemigration
07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
On the way home from South Carolina, we stopped near Knoxville for the night. (It could be a one day trip, but breaking it into two preserves my sanity, particularly when my wife's not with me.) I'd had the foresight to pack a lunch, but I didn't have anything ready for dinner, so we decided to go out to a nearby restaurant. It was a local place, about the same sort of experience as a Spaghetti Factory or Ruby Tuesdays or what-have-you.

The kids were a bit wound-up after the car ride, but not bouncing off the walls, and the three of them remembered their manners for the most part. My moment of happiness was after the meal, when the waitress told me that the three of them were the best behaved and most polite children that she'd ever waited on. That pretty much made my day.

Of course, I refrained from asking if that was her first night on the job.... ;)

Topsy
07-01-2010, 08:45 PM
220(click to view animation!!)

High fives, Ben!! That is the best compliment any dad could receive, I think!!

BPier12
07-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Hooray for the effects of awesome parenting!! Congrats!

camaro
07-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Thumbs up, Ben! :)

paganmomblog
07-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Wohoooo! Good job!

I get this on occasion and I always want to ask if it's their first night. Once on our way to Orlando we stopped in a Shoney's. I had no idea but my eldest wrote a note to the waitress telling her how wonderful she was (and she really was). I found out because the waitress chased us down with tears in her eyes. I was never more proud to be a parent than in that moment. Haven't had a moment like that since either LOL! But hang on to that memory on the rough days, it really helps get through them knowing that the potential is there.

StartingOver
07-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Congrats !!! I love hearing stories like this....... it gives me hope LOL.

schwartzkari
07-02-2010, 09:48 AM
That is definitely one of the best compliments a parent can receive, awesome! :)