PDA

View Full Version : I Love Target

paganmomblog
07-01-2010, 10:30 AM
I got a $20 gift card for Target and I needed oil for my car so I headed on over. I always check their $1 aisle and I am so glad I did. I found a foam clock to teach time with, a dry erase board for printing, a dry erase board for whatever, flashcards (sight words, Rhyming, Phonics, Landmarks, Flags of the World, US presidents), magnetic alphabet letter, puzzles (astronaut, planets, globe, map of US) and pencils (Cars for lil man and the girls sparkly 4th of July ones). And I only had to spend $1 after using my gift card. Oh Tar-shay how I love thee!

hockeymom
07-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Oh I LOVE Target! I used to go every week (at least) but now our closest one is 3 hours away, down in Maine. :( I literally make lists of what I need from there and we make trips down every couple of months (usually we combine Target with other things like grocery shopping, camping and general traveling). I could write a book about all the things I miss from back home, and Target would be right at the top (sharing space with Whole Foods).

Congrats on your awesome scores!

Marmalade
07-01-2010, 12:14 PM
oh my goodness! I am running over there tomorrow!

paganmomblog
07-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Oh I LOVE Target! I used to go every week (at least) but now our closest one is 3 hours away, down in Maine. :( I literally make lists of what I need from there and we make trips down every couple of months (usually we combine Target with other things like grocery shopping, camping and general traveling). I could write a book about all the things I miss from back home, and Target would be right at the top (sharing space with Whole Foods).

Congrats on your awesome scores!

I don't go as much as I used to because our budget has tightened up a bit. Now I miss going after today's trip lol!

paganmomblog
07-01-2010, 03:31 PM
oh my goodness! I am running over there tomorrow!

I had to laugh when one of my followers on Twitter was complaining about seeing school supplies at Target shortly after I tweeted that I was there perusing the aisle of goodies. I laughed cause I used to be that person whining about it being "too soon".

elkhollow
07-01-2010, 04:29 PM
LOL! I was just in Staples yesterday asking when the school supplies will be out. I'll bet they don't get that a lot. We don't have a Target here, either. We're stuck with Wal-Mart. Blech. It's 45 away, but I'm going if they've got the goodies out already!

Sarbare0704
07-01-2010, 05:01 PM
we just got back from there lol! we also got the clock and a bunch of dry erase mats for addition, subtraction.multiplication and one with games. we also picked up a couple easy readers! Love Target!!!

paganmomblog
07-01-2010, 05:22 PM
we just got back from there lol! we also got the clock and a bunch of dry erase mats for addition, subtraction.multiplication and one with games. we also picked up a couple easy readers! Love Target!!!

I had lil man with me and he didn't want a single one of the readers so I didn't get any but they sure did have alot. Lil man had his eyes on a box of Crunch & Munch and was mad he couldn't get any. Oh the joys of parenthood!

hjdong
07-01-2010, 06:37 PM
I got a couple of workbooks from the $1 spot the other day, multiplication and division. Something about the $1 ones, they aren't as intimidating to DS. Maybe it's because they are for "fun," complete with stickers.

paganmomblog
07-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I got a couple of workbooks from the $1 spot the other day, multiplication and division. Something about the $1 ones, they aren't as intimidating to DS. Maybe it's because they are for "fun," complete with stickers.

Tht could be! Do you let him pick them out? I did that when I went to Dollar Tree. It seems like lil man is more ready to do stuff that he has had a say in then if I pick something up without him. He is so not like my girls' lol!

schwartzkari
07-02-2010, 10:10 AM
I love Target! There is a Super Target 5 minutes from my apartment, so that's where I grocery shop too. :)
They have some good stuff in those $1 bins! My daughter loves to dress up and we got her a whole bunch of different animal masks and also a small scrapbooking kit. Oh, and socks! LOL. Not educational BUT a 3-pack of Hello Kitty socks for a buck is a deal to me...
I'm going to have to run up there and see if they have the clock you are talking about!

Riceball_Mommy
07-02-2010, 11:17 AM
I love Target as well, and right now all of Talena's socks that she wears are from the Target dollar bin, with the exception of the 3 pack from K-mart my grandmother picked up for her. The other week I was able to get a box of Eggo waffles for $.75, they always have the best deals.

Melyssa
07-02-2010, 10:29 PM
I loooooooooove Target. I was just there yesterday and overspent myself as usual!

sb12345
07-03-2010, 10:22 AM
I shop Target online because the closest one to me is in New York :(

I love Target and miss aimlessly walking around with no purpose for even being there at all but just to buy junk.

*sigh*

paganmomblog
07-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I loooooooooove Target. I was just there yesterday and overspent myself as usual!

LOL when I say I am going to Target the hubs demands I pay with cash and hand over the debit card!

Jenai
07-03-2010, 10:54 PM
I discovered all those fantastic Target $1 goodies the other day as well... and sort of... um... filled the cart... :D