PDA

View Full Version : My husband is nuts !!

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 09:42 PM
We were watching and old Frasier show last night. The one where Frasier gives an extremely rude patron of the coffee house an etiquette lesson. Tossing him literally out the door by the collar of his coat.

My hubby pipes up with a big grin on his face and says, “ I know how to et a cat.”

For those of you who don’t speak redneck, my dear husband says he knows how to eat a cat. What on earth does that have to do with manners? he he. He says, “ There is a proper and polite way to do it.”

( I am going to watch him very carefully with my cats, from now on. )

Well the tears were just streaming down my face, I was laughing so hard I was snorting like a pig.

My children know all kinds of strange vocabulary !!! Even th big ones.

Shoe
06-30-2010, 09:45 PM
We were watching and old Frasier show last night. The one where Frasier gives an extremely rude patron of the coffee house an etiquette lesson. Tossing him literally out the door by the collar of his coat.

My hubby pipes up with a big grin on his face and says, “ I know how to et a cat.”

For those of you who don’t speak redneck, my dear husband says he knows how to eat a cat. What on earth does that have to do with manners? he he. He says, “ There is a proper and polite way to do it.”

Well the tears were just streaming down my face, I was laughing so hard I was snorting like a pig.

LOL...well, if you're going to eat a cat, it's good to know the proper etiquette. Too funny.

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 09:49 PM
I must say to my knowledge he has never actually et a cat.

Sarbare0704
06-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Does having disected a cat make me qualified to eat a cat?

camaro
06-30-2010, 10:00 PM

The 3 Ms are often with me when I'm chasing cattle. I'm worried that they're learning a different kind of vocabulary. Not really strange...just...colorful!

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 10:08 PM

He says sure, as long as you ask permission first, then say thank you to the cat when you are done LOL.

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 10:10 PM
The 3 Ms are often with me when I'm chasing cattle. I'm worried that they're learning a different kind of vocabulary. Not really strange...just...colorful!

I know mine have colorful vocabularies !! Some of it our fault, but most of it is from the lady ( and I use the term very loosely ) behind us. Who is constantly hollering at her husband, in very colorful language. Poor guy, I don't know why he stays.

I try to change things to gosh darn it, and freak, and sheets....... attempting to make them think they heard it wrong so they won't repeat it correctly LOL. Quince is of the age to understand good and bad words, but Emma is just flat a repeater at this point. LOL

wild_destiny
06-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Jana,
No offense, but I think I will decline sending your husband any dinner invitations any time soon! :) Your post has cracked me up. And it reminds me of a hilarious song my significant other had on his computer some years ago. Don't remember what it was called but it started with "There's a Cat in the Kettle at the __" (the blank part was some Chinese sounding restaurant name). Very funny song, but then I like the Farting Preacher--not everyone's cup of tea (but then, neither is cat!).

Sarbare0704
06-30-2010, 10:17 PM
He says sure, as long as you ask permission first, then say thank you to the cat when you are done LOL.

LOL! too funny! Actually dissecting a cat makes me not want to eat one! That stuff looks pretty gross! Also it doesn't look like there is much to eat! The cats we had used to be strays though I believe so maybe that's is just the ones we dissected.

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Jana,
No offense, but I think I will decline sending your husband any dinner invitations any time soon! :) Your post has cracked me up. And it reminds me of a hilarious song my significant other had on his computer some years ago. Don't remember what it was called but it started with "There's a Cat in the Kettle at the __" (the blank part was some Chinese sounding restaurant name). Very funny song, but then I like the Farting Preacher--not everyone's cup of tea (but then, neither is cat!).

You should have seen me snorting last night. Yeah, I expect no dinner invitations hehehe.

I have had some rather obnoxious sound waves on my computer. I won't post about them. But my favorite was in the mid 90's and a spoof on a Hottie and the Blow Fish song. hehe

Shoe
06-30-2010, 10:24 PM

I've dissected a cat in high school, and that experience made sure that I will never knowingly eat a cat...ugh.

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 10:25 PM
LOL! too funny! Actually dissecting a cat makes me not want to eat one! That stuff looks pretty gross! Also it doesn't look like there is much to eat! The cats we had used to be strays though I believe so maybe that's is just the ones we dissected.

I am a cat lover, if there will be any disecting, it will be done by hubby LOL !!! No frogs either, his job....... all disecting !

Shoe
06-30-2010, 10:28 PM
I am a cat lover, if there will be any disecting, it will be done by hubby LOL !!! No frogs either, his job....... all disecting !

I'm a big fan of virtual dissection...I recognize the educational value of dissection (heck, I learned more from cadaveric dissection in human anatomy in one lab than the entire lecture part of the course), but it seems to me that a virtual learning experience is sufficient for most elementary and secondary level education.

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm a big fan of virtual dissection...I recognize the educational value of dissection (heck, I learned more from cadaveric dissection in human anatomy in one lab than the entire lecture part of the course), but it seems to me that a virtual learning experience is sufficient for most elementary and secondary level education.

I am too !! But my boys seem to like things that make me squeamish !!! The older boys disected any road kill they found while traveling from Alaska to Texas over 2 years ( yeah we took the long way hehehe ). Starting with a full sized moose in Canada. Let's just say I hid a lot when we were traveling and suddenly stopped.

Sarbare0704
06-30-2010, 10:36 PM
I actually cannot wait for dissection! We did a lot of it in high school. I was already looking at where to order them LOL! I cannot believe how cheap it is to get specimens! I think we will be doing a lot of it weather the kids want to or not! I guess I am a bit of a weirdo... I actually still have a cat fetus from when we dissected them in a baby food jar with preservative I could never just throw it away and now I can make a learning experience out of it!

Sarbare0704
06-30-2010, 10:37 PM
I am too !! But my boys seem to like things that make me squeamish !!! The older boys disected any road kill they found while traveling from Alaska to Texas over 2 years ( yeah we took the long way hehehe ). Starting with a full sized moose in Canada. Let's just say I hid a lot when we were traveling and suddenly stopped.

OMGosh! I am so jealous! That sounds so cool!

Shoe
06-30-2010, 10:43 PM

Actually, dissecting roadkill, I could do...I'm not particularly squeamish...just hate to see a creature die simply for my education...but if it's already dead, then why not benefit from it? I'm not sure I'd want to eat it afterward, though...

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 10:44 PM
OMGosh! I am so jealous! That sounds so cool!

I plan to do it all over again. This time I am going to start earlier, and try to get every state in. Hubby can stay home and work LOL. I am just waiting for the kids to get a bit older, maybe 8 and 6, hopefully Emma will be over her car sickness then. LOL

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Actually, dissecting roadkill, I could do...I'm not particularly squeamish...just hate to see a creature die simply for my education...but if it's already dead, then why not benefit from it? I'm not sure I'd want to eat it afterward, though...

I am not eating road kill LOL.ICK !!! I never could stomach disecting just for educational purposes either. I am such a sap, I cry for roadkill.

Shoe
06-30-2010, 11:00 PM
I am not eating road kill LOL.ICK !!!

Are you sure? It is an accepted practice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadkill_cuisine)...if only by a small minority...actually, I'm with you on this one.

But when I was working in Northwestern Ontario, in a remote area, a guy with whom I worked hit a moose with his GMC Safari minivan. The moose crashed through the windshield, shattered the glass, and died. But no one in the car was injured, fortunately. So what does he do? He hops out, get a hunting knife, guts and slaughters the moose on the side of the road, throws it in the back of the van and drives home without a windshield (not that he had much choice-he was far from any town or village at the time). It fed a family for about a year...

BPier12
06-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Since we're talking about roadkill, just thought I'd share that since moving to Florida we have seen armadillos and an alligator in various states of decomposition by the side of the road. Coming from the Midwest where we more commonly saw deer, squirrels and raccoons, the alligator in particular made quite an impression...;)

paganmomblog
06-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Are you sure? It is an accepted practice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadkill_cuisine)...if only by a small minority...actually, I'm with you on this one.

But when I was working in Northwestern Ontario, in a remote area, a guy with whom I worked hit a moose with his GMC Safari minivan. The moose crashed through the windshield, shattered the glass, and died. But no one in the car was injured, fortunately. So what does he do? He hops out, get a hunting knife, guts and slaughters the moose on the side of the road, throws it in the back of the van and drives home without a windshield (not that he had much choice-he was far from any town or village at the time). It fed a family for about a year...

I can't do roadkill, I just can't. Once I hit a turkey on my way to work. Dam bird shattered (but it stayed in place) my windshield. I had bits of glass and feathers all over me. An EMT that happened to be driving by even stopped and helped wipe the glass on my face. The bird? Couldn't find it! I looked all up and down that road for that dang bird and couldn't find it. I got worried they were going to think that I made the whole thing up or that I was on crack or something LOL!

And when I finally get to work.....all the men want to know if I was getting ready for Thanksgiving. Oh yea, I guess I should mention it happened in November of that year. EWWW I say, EWWWWWWWWW!

Shoe
06-30-2010, 11:31 PM
I can't do roadkill, I just can't. Once I hit a turkey on my way to work. Dam bird shattered (but it stayed in place) my windshield. I had bits of glass and feathers all over me. An EMT that happened to be driving by even stopped and helped wipe the glass on my face. The bird? Couldn't find it! I looked all up and down that road for that dang bird and couldn't find it. I got worried they were going to think that I made the whole thing up or that I was on crack or something LOL!

And when I finally get to work.....all the men want to know if I was getting ready for Thanksgiving. Oh yea, I guess I should mention it happened in November of that year. EWWW I say, EWWWWWWWWW!

A few days ago, at work, I had to attend to a couple of ladies who hit a moose on the highway....guts, blood and hair, as well as glass, all over them, in various cuts and lacerations...I spent hours removing it all. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat moose meat again (not that it's common fare in our household, lol).

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 11:32 PM

Now now, a moose, caribou, deer, or elk is different than a cat, skunk, or turtle LOL Lots of good meat left on a deer !! In Alaska or Montana road kill of the large variety was in the freezer lickity split. But the bruised parts were saved for the dogs. LOL Yes I am a true redneck. I would have been beside your friend LOL.

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Since we're talking about roadkill, just thought I'd share that since moving to Florida we have seen armadillos and an alligator in various states of decomposition by the side of the road. Coming from the Midwest where we more commonly saw deer, squirrels and raccoons, the alligator in particular made quite an impression...;)

We see turtles, armadillo, and such all the time here. No alligators though !

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 11:37 PM

ICK !! No turkey, wouldn't be enough unbruised meat there.

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 11:38 PM
A few days ago, at work, I had to attend to a couple of ladies who hit a moose on the highway....guts, blood and hair, as well as glass, all over them, in various cuts and lacerations...I spent hours removing it all. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat moose meat again (not that it's common fare in our household, lol).

Ok, I had a comment, but I willl keep it to myself hehehe.

Shoe
06-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Ok, I had a comment, but I willl keep it to myself hehehe.

My mind is just racing with ideas as to what you might have said...I'm not sure I like what it comes up with...lol. I work in an emergency department, by way of explanation...

pandahoneybee
07-01-2010, 08:05 AM

LOL that is so funny, being from MO we have alot of rednecks in the family;) can't remember them liking cats but can't remember too many around either!

dottieanna29
07-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Jana,

I know this song!! It's a spoof to the tune of "Cats in the Cradle" done by Wierd Al (see full lyrics below).

We do have a restaurant around here that serves Alligator. It's actually pretty tasty. I don't think I could ever eat road kill unless it was something really big and I saw it hit (no lying around on the road). I'd also have to be pretty darn hungry. Some of the deer hit around here are given to local zoos as a special treat for the wolves.

Did you ever think when you eat Chinese,
It ain't pork or chicken, but a fat siamese,
Yet the food tastes great, so ya don't complain,
but that's not chicken in your chicken chow
mein.
Seems to me I ordered sweet and sour pork,
But Garfield's on my fork,
He's purrin here on my fork...

There's a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon,
The place that I eat everyday at noon,
They can feed you cat and you'll never know,
Once they wrap it up in dough, boys,
They fry it real crisp in dough.

Chou Lin asked if I wanted more,
As he was dialin up his buddy at the old pet store,
I said not today,
I lost my apettite,
There's two cats in my belly and they want to fight,
I was suckin on a Rolaid and a Tums or two,
When I swear I heard it mew, boy,
And that is when I knew...

There's a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon,
I think I gotta stop eating there at noon,
They say that it's beef or fish or pork,
But it's purrin there on my fork,
There's a hairball on my fork.

camaro
07-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Oh, I just have to say it. Weird Al is a musical genius! One of Mitchell's favorite songs lately is "White and Nerdy." I guess it kind of dates me, but I've been listening to his songs since the "Eat It" days. :)

paganmomblog
07-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Oh, I just have to say it. Weird Al is a musical genius! One of Mitchell's favorite songs lately is "White and Nerdy." I guess it kind of dates me, but I've been listening to his songs since the "Eat It" days. :)

White & Nerdy is our fave song, it's my ringtone on my phone lol!

wild_destiny
07-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Thank you, Dorothy. That was the song. Had that stupid tune going through my head all day long yesterday,(looks like that will be the trend today,too!). Weird Al is funny. Eat It was one of my favorites, so was the one about Santa Claus going on a rampage--I think if was The Day Santa Went Crazy--or something like that.

reversemigration
07-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Back when I was in archaeological field school, our lab supervisor wasted few opportunities for scooping up roadkill, especially if it was rare or exotic. She'd boil it down, then put the bones back together as a study specimen. Needless to say, the back yard where she did the boiling down wasn't a place to hang out, particularly if it happened to be a skunk in the pot....

StartingOver
07-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Back when I was in archaeological field school, our lab supervisor wasted few opportunities for scooping up roadkill, especially if it was rare or exotic. She'd boil it down, then put the bones back together as a study specimen. Needless to say, the back yard where she did the boiling down wasn't a place to hang out, particularly if it happened to be a skunk in the pot....

LMAO Ben, geez remind me not to let you around my son LOL. He would be boiling animals out back in a second. hehehe.

reversemigration
07-01-2010, 09:31 PM
LMAO Ben, geez remind me not to let you around my son LOL. He would be boiling animals out back in a second. hehehe.

Well, how else is he going to learn how to differentiate a skunk femur from a raccoon one when he's digging up your back yard?! C'mon, now! LOL

StartingOver
07-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Well, how else is he going to learn how to differentiate a skunk femur from a raccoon one when he's digging up your back yard?! C'mon, now! LOL

Trust me Ben when I say that if he ever desires to boil a squirrel ( or any other animal ) I will be sending him to Ohio for a good long visit, till it is out of his system LOL.

paganmomblog
07-01-2010, 10:43 PM
So when it comes for the dissecting of animals, you all will take my kids right?

reversemigration
07-01-2010, 11:20 PM
So when it comes for the dissecting of animals, you all will take my kids right?

Well, it's sorta like I tell my doctor friends - I prefer to work on people and animals when there are only bones left!

The ironic thing? Max is a vegetarian and will probably want to do virtual dissections next year.

paganmomblog
07-02-2010, 02:14 AM
Well, it's sorta like I tell my doctor friends - I prefer to work on people and animals when there are only bones left!

The ironic thing? Max is a vegetarian and will probably want to do virtual dissections next year.

My eldest is a big animal lover and I always thought she would be vegetarian but isn't. Not sure where she would be on the issue of dissecting. I will check into the virtual stuff for my own squeamish stomach lol!

pandahoneybee
07-02-2010, 08:40 AM
I am with Max and Angela, I would prefer doing the virtual dissections as well.

paganmomblog
07-02-2010, 08:50 AM
I only did owl poop and a frog in junior high school. The owl poop wasn't so bad cause it wasn't like human or dog/cat poop. It was more like a tightly wound tumbleweed. The frog? Made me gag the entire time. I had the teacher bring me a bucket because I was pretty sure I was going to vomit. I just don't have the stomach for it. I hear about the pigs and cats and fetuses......so glad I never had to do those. I probably would have passed out lol.

schwartzkari
07-02-2010, 11:14 PM
In 6th grade, my class dissected pigs lungs and hearts. It was an awful experience! I ended up throwing up in a trashcan while my best friend patted my back :(
In 10th grade, we dissected sheep eyeballs. Guess who was at the trashcan again? Yea. Me.
Right now, I'm taking a Biology class along with my teaching class thru University of Phoenix. We use virtual labs and so far, I haven't needed a trashcan!
LOL :)

paganmomblog
07-03-2010, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=schwartzkari;8903]
In 10th grade, we dissected sheep eyeballs. Gues
QUOTE]

I am EXTREMELY squeamish when it comes to eyeballs. *runs to bathroom*

camaro
07-03-2010, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=schwartzkari;8903]
In 10th grade, we dissected sheep eyeballs. Gues
QUOTE]

I am EXTREMELY squeamish when it comes to eyeballs. *runs to bathroom*

Reminds me of a certain episode of Man Vs. Wild. I won't go further but if you know the show you can imagine.

paganmomblog
07-03-2010, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=paganmomblog;8919]

Reminds me of a certain episode of Man Vs. Wild. I won't go further but if you know the show you can imagine.

I saw it once and refused to watch it again. He ate a freaking peice of apple that was buried in bear poo. *gag* I would rather starve or gnaw my own fingers off.

hockeymom
07-03-2010, 07:15 PM
I much prefer Survivorman--he's still crazy, but more realistic and common sense.

I refused to do the dissection thing in high school science class, and honestly don't see the value in it. Unless it's of personal interest, of course (which for this vegetarian, it most definitely is not!).

Interesting comments on road kill. Illegal moose meat is a common but big time crime here, and the helping-oneself-of-road-kill is no exception. Moose collisions are all too frequent and few people come out of it unscathed. Mostly it's porcupines on the side of the road, and I can't imagine anyone scraping them up for stew! Ugh...

camaro
07-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Oh, definitely. I only watch MvW for entertainment and I usually nitpick how no person in his right mind would pull the stunts Bear does. Les, on the other hand teaches the safe way to do things since most people don't carry paracord in their backpack to fashion up some rappelling apparatus to go down a rain-soaked cliff. Not to mention the fact that Les spends seven days out by himself while Bear gets help from the crew to build shelters before they head in to a hotel somewhere.

Sarbare0704
07-05-2010, 01:02 PM
I agree that Survivorman is awesome! Is it just me or are there no new ones? I have seen all the ones I ever catch on tv and I would love to see some new ones! I also liked his special he did about living off the grid!

hockeymom
07-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I thought he stopped making the show. My DH read an article about him and if I remember correctly he said it was taking too big a toll on his body. No wonder.

His website lists 3 seasons of Survivorman. Enjoy! :) http://lesstroud.ca/survivorman/home.php

Sarbare0704
07-05-2010, 02:31 PM
I thought he stopped making the show. My DH read an article about him and if I remember correctly he said it was taking too big a toll on his body. No wonder.

His website lists 3 seasons of Survivorman. Enjoy! :) http://lesstroud.ca/survivorman/home.php

Thanks! Yeah I believe that it would do that! It was a good show to watch though!