PDA

View Full Version : Going to be out of touch for a few weeks...

Shoe
06-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know that you'll all be spared my incessant rambling over the next few weeks. I'm heading up to Canada to stay at my parents' cottage for a vacation-no internet, no running water, but a workable toilet and electricity. We'll be doing a lot of day trips to various historical places, and I'll have my IPod Touch, so if I can link into an insecure wi-fi connection, you might hear from me occasionally. If not, I'll see you in a few weeks.

So much for catching up to Nathalie's posts :(...

StartingOver
06-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Have a wonderful and safe vacation. Be sure to hurry back, we will miss you.

hockeymom
06-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Have fun, and happy Canada Day!

Shoe
06-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Have fun, and happy Canada Day!

Thanks, though I'll still be in the USA for Canada Day and in Canada for the 4th of July...bit mixed up there. I'm working tomorrow and will be leaving on the second, but between working and packing, I'm not likely to be around here tomorrow at all.

Shoe
06-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Have a wonderful and safe vacation. Be sure to hurry back, we will miss you.

Aw, so sweet. Thanks. I'm sure I'll be in withdrawal from this place...my second home...and all of you, my extended family.

Busygoddess
06-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Have a great trip!

camaro
06-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Take it easy, Shoe. Have a great vacation. I guess it's up to me to catch up to you now! (ya I know, about as likely as you catching Nathalie :) ).

Topsy
06-30-2010, 09:11 PM
216 Enjoy and relax, Shoe. We will try to hold down the fort here until you get back.......have a great trip!!!

Sarbare0704
06-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Have a great trip!

Shoe
06-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Take it easy, Shoe. Have a great vacation. I guess it's up to me to catch up to you now! (ya I know, about as likely as you catching Nathalie :) ).

Well, as a percentage, it's about the same, but in real numbers, you have a good chance :D....only 30 or so posts a day (including a few breaks there)...no problem :p

216 Enjoy and relax, Shoe. We will try to hold down the fort here until you get back.......have a great trip!!!

Thanks. I'm hoping it will be fun, relaxing and educational. It'll be the first time I've gone an extended time and crossed an international border with another parent's child (my son's best friend), and his first time in Canada....so Ive planned out a variety of (hopefully) fun and somewhat educational activities, interspersed with periods of swimming, canoeing and relaxing at the cottage-should be fun, I think. But I'll miss all of you...

BPier12
06-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Have a wonderful time, Shoe. I hope it is relaxing and a good change of pace, and I hope you get some sleep!! By the time you get back, we'll be away too until the beginning of August, visiting relatives with limited internet access, so we'll have to catch up in August. Safe and happy travels!! :)

Shoe
06-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Have a wonderful time, Shoe. I hope it is relaxing and a good change of pace, and I hope you get some sleep!! By the time you get back, we'll be away too until the beginning of August, visiting relatives with limited internet access, so we'll have to catch up in August. Safe and happy travels!! :)

Thanks Beth. I just received three of the Great Brain books, which I'll strategically lay out for my kids to read when there is "nothing to do"....that is, after I've re-read them, lol!. I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip too. I look forward to hearing of any adventures at the end of that month.

Cheers.

schwartzkari
06-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Have fun Shoe :)

pandahoneybee
07-01-2010, 07:02 AM
HAVE A FUN AND SAFE TRIP! Wow who knew you could actually go somewhere now without being able to get on the internet! I would probably go thru withdrawals,LOL
I hope that you have a great trip and see lots of cool things!

ps there is no way any of us could catch up with Snoopy, so dont feel bad;)

inmom
07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Have fun, and relax!

reversemigration
07-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Have a great time, Shoe. You've definitely earned the time off. I hope you get caught up on your sleep,too!