PDA

View Full Version : penpal password

murphs_mom
02-17-2013, 12:24 PM
I sent off a request for the password to post in the penpal forum, but haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know what the typical turnaround time is for this?

TIA,
Carolyn

crunchynerd
02-23-2013, 08:35 PM
I sent off a request for the password to post in the penpal forum, but haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know what the typical turnaround time is for this?

TIA,
Carolyn
I want to know this, too!

murphs_mom
02-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Um, I'm starting to think that it involves meeting during a full moon where new members are invited to sacrifice a pair of their favorite shoes by hurling them into a roaring bonfire that's surrounded by marshmallow-roasting long-term forum members. If you bring just the right number of Hershey bars to finish making the s'mores, you get the password. Maybe. FWIW, my calendar shows 2 more days to go....

Aandwsmom
02-24-2013, 10:59 AM
A lot of times for some reason requests end up in our junk folder. Have no clue why they do it, but they do. And 99.9% of the time we catch them, but occasionally....
If you are a new member or a member that has never posted, you will be required to do 2 posts with 1 of those being an intro post.
If you are a member who has posted numerous times, you can get the password without an issue.
Sorry if you sent it and one of us admin's missed it. As much as we like to be 100% on top of things, sometimes when multi-tasking as we homeschooling Moms do....stuff slips through the cracks.
Re-submit a new request via the Contact Us as you did before and one of us will check your membership and contact you ASAP with either the password or reminding you that you need to do posts prior to getting it.
Under normal circumstances it takes 24-48 hours for us to respond to Contact Us. If it has been any longer than that, feel free to contact us again....like a little whap upside the head to make sure we are paying attention!
Thanks everyone!

murphs_mom
02-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks, Ms. Admin! I got your email with the password this evening. I'm not much of a head-whapper cause I really do understand how crazy life can get...I hate to be a pest. Most of the time. :-)

Thanks again! BTW, looks like my full moon guess wasn't too far off. There's a big honkin' bella luna out tonight!!

cowwgalsam
12-27-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm seeking a password for a penpal...thanks!

Aandwsmom
12-27-2013, 11:21 PM
I'm seeking a password for a penpal...thanks!
Check you PM box on this group! I sent the password there!

Katrina
SHS Admin

crunchynerd
12-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Could we get on this bandwagon too? My DD is interested! Also, do any of the grownups here do the penpal thing? I love the lost art of letter-writing!

Aandwsmom
12-29-2013, 12:08 AM
Could we get on this bandwagon too? My DD is interested! Also, do any of the grownups here do the penpal thing? I love the lost art of letter-writing!

Check your PM box!
And as for adults, if there is enough adults that would like to do this? We can open a section just for adults! Feedback anyone?

BakedAk
12-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Me, me! I'd like a grown-up pen-pal!

jsaffold
12-29-2013, 02:18 PM
[hand raised!] I'd love to have an all grow'd up pen-pal:_applaud:

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
12-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Me too! Something to liven up these dull winter days would be lovely. I have fond memories of the volumes of letters that my best friend and I sent to each other in college.

Riceball_Mommy
12-29-2013, 06:19 PM
I'd love to have a grown up pen pal too :)

murphs_mom
12-30-2013, 12:40 AM
When I grow up, I'd like to be a pen pal.

pandahoneybee
12-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Well I guess that answers the question!! I will set up a private forum for adult members of SHS hopefully today!!

NorbertoMorris
01-06-2014, 02:31 AM
hy there .. good to get you all guys here and now i am too an integral part of the community to go good along .. Cheers !

285fireant
10-23-2015, 10:19 PM
I sent the online request but didn't hear anything. We would love a password. Our main interest is pen pals and holiday card exchanges.

285fireant
10-24-2015, 08:24 AM
Thank you for the direct response Admin, much appreciated. Unfortunately I couldn't reply to the message for some reason or send to you directly. I'm hoping you see this here. My family is seeking a password for the children's pen pal forum.

Many thanks. This is such a great site! I'm finding so many ideas just from browsing old threads.

-Nicky

Aandwsmom
10-25-2015, 12:59 AM
Got it and replied!