PDA

View Full Version : I Just Joined....

paganmomblog
06-30-2010, 03:25 PM
A co-op! Well I filled out an application to be on the waiting list, I should hear something from them soon. I think this is going to help tons. It wasn't too expensive either, $90 per family (no matter how large) per semester and they have scholarships available. Fortunatley this is a secular group and going by the photo on their info website they are moderatley sized.

Anywho just had to share cause I am all excited like this might make things a tad easier lol.

SherryZoned
06-30-2010, 03:33 PM
That is awesome! Glad you were able to find a co-op to join!

BPier12
06-30-2010, 04:52 PM
That's great, Angela! Hope it provides you with good support and resources.

pandahoneybee
06-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Thats great! I wouldn't be as successful as I am without mine;)

paganmomblog
06-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks! It's so exciting and as overwhelmed as I feel some days I really hope it helps me get my groove with it all.

mommykicksbutt
06-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Cool, I hope it works out well for you.

If you are asked to "contribute" a skill or teach something, what would it be?

paganmomblog
06-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Cool, I hope it works out well for you.

If you are asked to "contribute" a skill or teach something, what would it be?

At this point I will decline to assist in that manner but help with cleanup or organizing something. Simply because I have a short temper and it was one of the reasons why I haven't homeschooled until now. I just never felt I had the patience to teach kids and to try and teach anyone else's would be a bit unfair at this point. If I stick with it though and I gain that confidence to do so it would relate to Ancient Egypt. Either the history or the mythology.

Melyssa
07-01-2010, 12:29 AM
I've never joined a co-op because I can't stand being around groups of kids especially for long periods of time. LOL We tried it once and quit after a month or less. I like the IDEA of them though. I prefer drop off classes which sounds very un-homeschooly of me I know.