PDA

View Full Version : Can't participate

Sweden
01-30-2013, 10:13 AM
I can't participate in any of the conversations because my box is greyed out. I have been able to make about 4 posts, so I know I'm past the first 2 that are moderated. Is there some setting that I am overlooking, perhaps? Not that anything I have to say is earth shatteringly profound, but I'd like to join in on occasion rather than just lurk.

Epiphany
01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
I had that problem sometimes when using Chrome as my browser. That's my only suggestion.

Sweden
01-31-2013, 01:57 PM
FireFox seems to work, so thanks for that suggestion. However, here I am typing this while in Safari. Consistency is overrated, I guess. ;-)

KristinK
01-31-2013, 10:12 PM
welcome...sometimes ;)

Gummers
02-01-2013, 02:54 AM
I use chrome and no issues.

murphs_mom
02-11-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm completely new to the site, but saw your post and wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I'm using IE8 and I have the same issue. I adjusted the settings on my pop-up blocker and reloaded the page...suddenly the reply box was active. I've noticed, though, that it's grayed out in every new thread and I have to reload the page in order for the window to become active. Very weird. Please post the solution if you find one!

Sweden
02-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Hi. I am on a Mac. My solution was to switch to a different browser - FireFox. Epiphany reminded me sometimes it's just a browser switch. I've been on Macs so long now that I don't even recall the other options for a PC. If I think of anything, I'll let you know.

murphs_mom
02-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Good to know! So far, just reloading the page seems to work for me. Somewhat irksome, but less annoying than using the other browsers I've tried. BTW, I miss my MAC and Netscape. :-)

rueyn
02-13-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm on Safari on a MacBook, and after I've posted ONE reply, I have to hit "reload", or my box is greyed out, too. At least it doesn't crash like Chrome?