PDA

View Full Version : Can you help us with our girl scout patch?

mpippin
01-30-2013, 01:17 AM
To earn her Musical patch, Tuna needs to complete several steps. One of those is to conduct a poll about favorite music. Would you mind helping?

farrarwilliams
01-30-2013, 01:14 PM
I went with rock. But really, I don't know if I have a favorite. There are things in country, folk, hip hop, jazz and pop that I could have considered too... But rock is so all-encompassing of so many things.

melissa
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Definitely rock, but, more 'alternative' or 'punk', not so much 'hair-band'.

inmom
01-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Since I had to pick a fav, mine was blues. I just love the piano and guitar work in blues, and wish I could play that well!! (We can all dream!)

Stella M
01-30-2013, 03:03 PM
I said folk, because many of my fave singers have their roots in folk music, even if you wouldn't think of them as folk singers.

Sherry
01-30-2013, 04:42 PM
I choose folk because I like traditional music. If you had asked what I listen to most it would be a tie between children's songs and classical.

Juno
01-30-2013, 05:50 PM
I said other but I like alternative rock probably, some folk and classical, mostly I listen to alternative.

skrink
01-30-2013, 07:27 PM
I chose rock, but it's a close thing. Classical acoustic guitar is right up there, too. Oh, and Japanese drumming...

MrsLOLcat
01-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Rock. Alternative, hard, indie, etc. I can't explain why I love it. I just do. It just IS in so many ways to me.

mpippin
01-31-2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks for helping with her patch. She asked the local homeschool group and every one of them answered HYMNS with answers like "it brings me back to Jesus," or "it reminds me why I'm here." And they all looked at the poll (tells me who's seen it) but none answered until the leader of the group answered, like they were waiting for validation of what to respond. Weird flock mentality.

Jeni
01-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Well since Glee isn't an option... No I really like oldies or classic rock (not the same as rock so I didn't pick it).

Jeni
01-31-2013, 01:00 AM
Thanks for helping with her patch. She asked the local homeschool group and every one of them answered HYMNS with answers like "it brings me back to Jesus," or "it reminds me why I'm here." And they all looked at the poll (tells me who's seen it) but none answered until the leader of the group answered, like they were waiting for validation of what to respond. Weird flock mentality.

That's so sad. You know some of those kids probably wanted to say something else but were too afraid of the backlash.

MrsLOLcat
01-31-2013, 10:49 AM
That's so sad. You know some of those kids probably wanted to say something else but were too afraid of the backlash.

This was actually one of the reasons I was 'persecuted' at my church youth group as a teen. Liking rock made me an outsider. I was supposed to like Christian or country music. I didn't, and I refused to conform.

I'm such a rebel.