PDA

View Full Version : We're new here!

InstinctiveMom
06-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi!
I'm Heather and I live in Texas. I'm currently homeschooling my two boys, in 3rd and 2nd grade. They were in a local charter school; we pulled them out in January.

We're schooling all year - but with more of an 'unschooling' feel during the summer months.

I'm really glad to have found this forum - most of the homeschooling groups in my area are religiously based. While we're not 'spirituality free' or atheist, we don't fit in with the largely Christian vibe here.
Anyway - it's great to be here!
~h

Snoopy
06-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Welcome Heather and family :) We are a very diverse group and I'm sure you will feel supported no matter what ;) We're glad to have you!

Topsy
06-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Great to have you here, Heather!! If you hang out with us long you will discover that we are a really supportive and vibrant community -- definitely a nice virtual alternative if there aren't many secular support groups in your area. We have a growing constituency from Texas too...be sure to drop in and join that group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=27)! I look forward to finding out more about you...thanks for taking the time to post an introduction!

Fiddler
06-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Heather, welcome to the group--it's great to see you here and I love the Winnie-the-Pooh quote!

Shoe
06-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Welcome to the site Heather. I look forward to getting to know you. I think you'll find this an informative and supportive place to be.

paganmomblog
06-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the site! As stated already we are pretty diverse and the support here is amazing. I haven't been here long but this is one of my first stops when I get online because the feeling of "family" is so darn strong. Glad to have you!

mommykicksbutt
06-28-2010, 10:32 AM
W-e-l-c-o-m-e !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StartingOver
06-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Welcome Heather, we are in Texas too. I am glad you found the group, we are very diverse here.

SherryZoned
06-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi! We are in Arlington, Texas also! Welcome!

InstinctiveMom
06-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Thanks so much for the war welcome!
I have been browsing (and posting here and there) and am really enjoying the community. This is a really lovely board - you site admins should be proud :)

pandahoneybee
06-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Welcome Heather! My sister lives in San Antonio TX, trying to tell her that she would love to homeschool hers, but she thinks NOT! I think that you will love this group, we all are a fun loving and chatty group;)

Sarbare0704
06-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the group!

reversemigration
06-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Here's a belated welcome to you! I look forward to hearing more about your experiences.