PDA

View Full Version : Going on a date with my husband...

schwartzkari
06-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Saturday night my husband and I are going on a date. You might think that isn't a big deal BUT we haven't gone out alone in over 2 years. Sometimes it is nice to stop being "parents" for awhile and remember that we are a married couple who still has fun together :)

So what are we going to do? Dinner and a movie.
What movie? Toy Story 3.

LMAO.

I guess we've been parents for too long.

:D

StartingOver
06-25-2010, 05:33 PM
CONGRATS !!! Hubby and I went on a date last September, the first since Quince was born. It was so exciting. We had dinner then drove to the beach, there is a little bar right on the water, we sat on the deck and had a beer. Listening to the waves, holding hands watching the sunset. It was amazing !! May be another three years before we get to again LOL.

Have a blast, and tell us all about it !

Marmalade
06-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Oh my goodness-it sounds exactly like something we would do. And we'd spend the entire time talking about how much the kids would enjoy the movie or the dinner or anything.

paganmomblog
06-25-2010, 05:41 PM
We always go along time without a night not being parents. I remember one time when my inlaws insisted on taking the kids we ended up at a place called Fun Depot (which is like Chuck E Cheese). LOL of all places to go we picked a place crawling with kids.

Enjoy the time out!

Sarbare0704
06-25-2010, 06:18 PM
LOL you sound like us! Me and my husband have been out twice in the four and half years since Lucy was born by ourselves! Although we didn't go to see a kids movie it really is hard to turn off parent mode!

camaro
06-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Carla and I try to get out by ourselves once or twice a year. One of those times is the homeschool conference and then once more might be to a movie or a concert. At the end of July we're going to go to a Bon Jovi concert and I'm sure the kids will be mad at us that we aren't taking them. It's been two years and we still haven't heard the end of not taking them to a Rush concert. Maybe I ought to send them a sympathy card.

Have a great night out! :)

schwartzkari
06-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks everybody :)

Melyssa
06-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Have fun! I am jealous. I haven't had a date alone with my husband since a year ago and no hope of one any time soon since we're new here and don't trust babysitters. (never had one, always used grandma before)

SunshineKris
06-26-2010, 03:54 AM
JEALOUS!! We haven't had a date in a while. No, I take that back. When we went to FL last month for emergency leave we had a chance to go out for a movie, dinner and drinks. It was great to see him again. It had been a while. Not sure when our last "date" was before then. We have planned some time alone together during our next trip. We'll be on a cruise so the kids will be in kid programs a lot and we'll go explore by ourselves. And then when we get to Tampa, MIL is babysitting at least once for us.

Tonight I get to go out without kids and enjoy a dinner in peace. Can't wait! Just wish Chris could be with me, though dinner with the Morón Ladies is nice too.

I hope you had a great time together. TS3 was great!

Busygoddess
06-26-2010, 04:23 AM
Have fun! Sounds like a great night.
We try to get out at least once a year, usually our anniversary. We haven't yet this year. We spent our anniversary with the kids. The other week, the inlaws took the kids for the night so we could go to hubby's best friend's b-day party. I ended up staying home because my back hurt so much.

Shoe
06-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Saturday night my husband and I are going on a date. You might think that isn't a big deal BUT we haven't gone out alone in over 2 years. Sometimes it is nice to stop being "parents" for awhile and remember that we are a married couple who still has fun together :)

So what are we going to do? Dinner and a movie.
What movie? Toy Story 3.

LMAO.

I guess we've been parents for too long.

:D

Congratulations! My wife and I haven't been out alone in ~6 years...unless you count the times we've gone grocery shopping without the kids :(. I've heard wonderful things about Toy Story 3, kids' movie or not, so enjoy yourselves.

reversemigration
06-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Have a wonderful time! It's so nice to go out and have adult conversations and truly enjoy yourself without distractions!

We try to go out at least every two weeks or so. We've been lucky to land in a neighborhood with some trustworthy and responsible babysitters. I may have to scrimp and save a bit, but date night is so worth it.

schwartzkari
06-27-2010, 12:28 PM
We had a good time. We went to Salt Grass steakhouse and I almost had to roll myself to the car. The prime rib was awesome. lol.
Toy Story 3 was really cute, I think I appreciated it even more since I'm a parent now. When the first one came out, I was still a little kid! We went to the special 3-D showing and the characters were popping off the screen at us.

And we actually managed to stay out until 11:30. HA HA! We are such party animals :)

Shoe
06-27-2010, 03:03 PM
We had a good time. We went to Salt Grass steakhouse and I almost had to roll myself to the car. The prime rib was awesome. lol.
Toy Story 3 was really cute, I think I appreciated it even more since I'm a parent now. When the first one came out, I was still a little kid! We went to the special 3-D showing and the characters were popping off the screen at us.

And we actually managed to stay out until 11:30. HA HA! We are such party animals :)

Glad to hear you had a good time! May you find time for many more. 11:30 is a late night for me too (at least on days that I'm not working).

Snoopy
06-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Have fun! I am jealous. I haven't had a date alone with my husband since a year ago and no hope of one any time soon since we're new here and don't trust babysitters. (never had one, always used grandma before) Melyssa, just put Brenna on this site and tell her NOT TO MOVE and to keep typing and we'll babysit her for you :)

Kari, I hope you had a great date with your hubby! Greg and I took a 10 min walk together about a week ago and it was such a momentous occasion that I even blogged about it. We're homebodies so for us a "date" is anytime the kids are all in bed and I can manage to get him to sit next to me on the couch to watch a movie... and I promptly fall asleep with my head on his lap, lol. I would love it, though, now that we have teens, if he could plan a weekend away just for the 2 of us. I can't do that because sometimes he has to work from home on the weekends so I wouldn't know if he might have a conflict.

Snoopy
06-27-2010, 11:58 PM
When the first one came out, I was still a little kid! You know... I actually LIKED you until you said that. lol.

Sarbare0704
06-28-2010, 03:08 PM
You know... I actually LIKED you until you said that. lol.

LOL! I was 11 when the first one came out! Crazy!

schwartzkari
06-28-2010, 11:13 PM
You know... I actually LIKED you until you said that. lol.

LMAO! Sorry...

My hubby and I fall asleep together on the couch. The kids go to bed around 7 and since we are both going to school right now, we sit in the living room for 3-4 hours in the silence doing our homework and then watch some tv before bed. It is the little things that keep the "magic" in a marriage, HA HA :)

inmom
06-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Those with little ones....it WILL get better. I feel so lucky now...as some of you know, I just came back from 5 days in San Francisco for a 20th anniversary trip with my husband. My parents had the kids. However, since they are almost 13 and 14, it's much easier. Even if we want to go on a date, as long as it's close and we're not out too late, they are old enough to be alone for a bit.

We went years without going out on a date. As with everything else in life, that period, too, will pass. Congrats to those able to get out on the date. Every couple needs some alone time!

wild_destiny
06-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Kari, I was going through these posts, laughing, and generally feeling the same way as most people, i.e. going on a date rarely--and then talking about the kids. Anyway, I was having a grand time reading these--UNTIL you said that when the first Toy Story came out, you were still a little kid. That was a reality check for me big time! When the first Toy Story came out, my oldest son was a couple of years old. I feel so OLD now! :) (Glad you enjoyed your night, you crazy party animal. Although if you think 11:30 is late, then you might be older than you think!)

schwartzkari
06-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Kari, I was going through these posts, laughing, and generally feeling the same way as most people, i.e. going on a date rarely--and then talking about the kids. Anyway, I was having a grand time reading these--UNTIL you said that when the first Toy Story came out, you were still a little kid. That was a reality check for me big time! When the first Toy Story came out, my oldest son was a couple of years old. I feel so OLD now! :) (Glad you enjoyed your night, you crazy party animal. Although if you think 11:30 is late, then you might be older than you think!)

LOL! I was 12 when the first Toy Story came out.

I have never been a party animal. My parents used to laugh at me, during highschool I would ask to go out with my friends and I would tell them I would be back with the car around 9pm, not because that was my curfew but because I was ready for bed at 9! I was the first to fall asleep at sleepovers, even the night of my prom I was home around 10. When I met my hubby I was 19 and we stayed out until 3 or 4 in the morning...I'm 27 now. I can't make it past midnight unless I'm studying!

wild_destiny
06-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Darn it, but you made my jaw drop again. 12 years old! Blows me away. Where does the time go...

Shoe
06-30-2010, 07:28 PM
LOL! I was 12 when the first Toy Story came out. Oh boy, you make me feel old...I was long out of college at when it first came out :(...and already married :).

schwartzkari
06-30-2010, 11:49 PM
See, I feel old when I think my daughter is going on 6 and Toy Story 3 is in theaters.
HA HA HA :D

Shoe
06-30-2010, 11:57 PM
See, I feel old when I think my daughter is going on 6 and Toy Story 3 is in theaters.
HA HA HA :D

I felt old a few years ago when the graduating college class was born after I graduated from college...as time continues to progress, I feel ancient :(. Fortunately, I am in reasonably good health, and the plus side is that I'm more than half way to retirement and being able to relax...the downside, my kids have grown up way too fast :(.

schwartzkari
07-01-2010, 12:00 AM
This is going to sound so silly BUT the very first time I felt "old" was when I heard Nirvana on a classic rock station. My jaw hit the floor. LOL!

And kids do grow way too fast. My daughter is going to be 6 on August 30th and my son is headed toward 2 years old. Sometimes I wish I could stop time for just a little bit *sigh*

Shoe
07-01-2010, 12:27 AM
And kids do grow way too fast. My daughter is going to be 6 on August 30th and my son is headed toward 2 years old. Sometimes I wish I could stop time for just a little bit *sigh*Now that's something we can definitely share, despite the age difference ;) ! Time passes far too fast.

paganmomblog
07-01-2010, 10:03 PM
This is going to sound so silly BUT the very first time I felt "old" was when I heard Nirvana on a classic rock station. My jaw hit the floor. LOL!

And kids do grow way too fast. My daughter is going to be 6 on August 30th and my son is headed toward 2 years old. Sometimes I wish I could stop time for just a little bit *sigh*

ROFL!!

I felt old the day my daughter asked me if we had cars in the 80's. She was like 5 I think but I had to bite my tongue. It felt like she had asked me if Dino was my pet dog when I was her age or something.