PDA

View Full Version : Cooking? I despise it..yet..

SherryZoned
06-24-2010, 01:41 PM
I really enjoy making raw desserts and have tons of books. I have been super lazy about making them. However my kids do like to cook and besides getting kids cookbooks do you have any tips or tricks to cooking with your children?

StartingOver
06-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I really enjoy making raw desserts and have tons of books. I have been super lazy about making them. However my kids do like to cook and besides getting kids cookbooks do you have any tips or tricks to cooking with your children?

Wow no one told me I had to cook and feed the kids ???

Remind me, how old are your kids ? You need a signature. ;-)

Fiddler
06-24-2010, 07:18 PM
My kids are largely responsible for their own breakfast and lunch. Dinner is usually me, though JaneG. likes to cook and J.J. likes to "help."

One thing that has helped is watching Food Network together--LOL--then finding cookbooks by favorite celebrity chefs at the library and letting the kids go through and pick recipes to try. Jane is obsessed with Rachael Ray, and loves Paula, Giada, and Alton Brown, as well.

Fiddler
06-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Sherry--any favorite raw desserts? I've been trying to incorporate more raw foods into our (mostly my) diet.

SherryZoned
06-24-2010, 09:26 PM
My kids favorite desserts are the chocolate avocado pudding. Macaroons that I dehydrate, almond cookies, almond milk...I am working on trying out some more recipes if this heat would break and I could use my kitchen without sweating my butt off lol

The kids lunch and breakfast is pretty easy! It is dinner's. They want to learn to cook no matter how much i want to go raw and be done with cooking lol..