PDA

View Full Version : OK are all homeschoolers night OWLS:)

pandahoneybee
06-24-2010, 02:37 PM
I just have to say that I can't believe how late some of you are up and making sense! If I was posting at 2AM it would be..... well not pretty;) I mean how many hours of sleep do you people get? I know ,I Know "You can sleep when your dead,right?"

Just a random thought I needed to get out of my head;) Thanks!

hockeymom
06-24-2010, 02:41 PM
I think the same thing, but I chalk some it up to time zone differences (we're ahead an hour from Eastern, for example). But yeah, I'm always amazed at the times I see listed too--I'm done by 10 pm!

SherryZoned
06-24-2010, 02:43 PM
I think the times on this forum are wonky! or maybe it is me!

I am heading to bed by 11 pm... I need sleep.. Forget the kids if momma don't sleep nobody is happy!

paganmomblog
06-24-2010, 02:47 PM
I am an insomniac so sometimes I am on the computer at 2 am because I can't get my eyes shut.

Busygoddess
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I have always been a night owl. If I'm in bed before 2am, that's going to bed early for me. I usually get about 3-4 hours of sleep a night.

pandahoneybee
06-24-2010, 04:00 PM
WOW, I usually am done doing anything remotely engaging by 11, after that I am just a TV zombie until I can get to sleep. But then again I get up by 5ish, 6ish if I am really lucky! I used to stay up later when we lived in OR but since we are over here on the east coast my schedule has never went back to staying up too late;( I was just wondering because I see posts in the morning that seem like you all are awake and alive at 2am!

paganmomblog
06-24-2010, 04:07 PM
lol I am up by 5-6 am as well. I can only sleep about an hour at a time. Some nights are better than others. I have started using lemonbalm again in my tea to help make me sleepy. I wish I could take that nightly but I get too used to it and then it stops working.

Busygoddess
06-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I didn't fall asleep until after 5am this morning, & was back up by 7am. Sleep & I aren't very good friends. :rolleyes:

schwartzkari
06-24-2010, 04:55 PM
I usually go to bed at midnight and wake up at 7 (only because both kids are yelling about being hungry. LOL). I'm going to school online right now and the only time I have to actually study is after the kids go to bed so I have forced myself to become a nightowl. And of course, I can't go to bed until I've checked my emails, my Facebook and this website. Hi, my name is Kari and I'm addicted to the internet.

:)

pandahoneybee
06-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Nice to meet you Kari, my name is Michelle and I am also addicted to the internet;)

StartingOver
06-24-2010, 06:13 PM
I am done by 11:30 LOL But I am Central time zone. Forever I was in bed at 9 pm, having little ones late in life did that to me. Now I finally just lately have gotten the kids to sleep in till 8-9 am, instead of getting up at 5-6 LOL. I am sure I will return to nightowl when they are teens and sleep all the time. I am working on it !!!!!!!

reversemigration
06-24-2010, 06:14 PM
It's not an addiction if you can quit. I can quit anytime. Really. Um. Tomorrow, say.

StartingOver
06-24-2010, 06:25 PM
LOL Ben, do you hit the NEW POST almost constantly like I do. Hoping someone said something !!

Hi, My name is Jana, and I am addicted. We really need a support group folder on here. TOPSY ????????

dbmamaz
06-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Kari you and I have a fair amount in common. Actually, i've been a morning person most of my life, but my kids and both hubbies were night owls. Now, my 6 yo doesnt fall asleep until 9:30 or 10, at which point i want to unwind and sometimes play wow w hubby. i try to get away from the puter by 11:30 and be asleep by midnight . . . but sometimes 6 yo wakes up at 6:30. i really need 7-8 hours. But i dont like going to bed only an hour after the kid?

Oh, but Kari - you realize you have a 6-line signature which does NOT include your NAME . . . which would generally be considered the main point of a signature?

schwartzkari
06-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Kari you and I have a fair amount in common. Actually, i've been a morning person most of my life, but my kids and both hubbies were night owls. Now, my 6 yo doesnt fall asleep until 9:30 or 10, at which point i want to unwind and sometimes play wow w hubby. i try to get away from the puter by 11:30 and be asleep by midnight . . . but sometimes 6 yo wakes up at 6:30. i really need 7-8 hours. But i dont like going to bed only an hour after the kid?

Oh, but Kari - you realize you have a 6-line signature which does NOT include your NAME . . . which would generally be considered the main point of a signature?

I am laughing so hard right now, I never noticed until now that I forgot to put my name in my signature....oopsie :)

schwartzkari
06-24-2010, 10:42 PM
It's not an addiction if you can quit. I can quit anytime. Really. Um. Tomorrow, say.

Yes, yes. There is always tomorrow. Or the day after that...

camaro
06-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm starting to wonder if I'm the one that should run the therapy session since I'm the complete opposite. My new posts list is up to five pages now since I don't read them all and I'm too lazy most days to mark them all as read. Come. Sit. Tell me about your mother...

But I feel a bit guilty now. Lately I've felt sorry for myself that I'm in bed by 11pm and the kids are getting us out of bed by 7am. We've had a couple of sick kids the past couple of nights and having been up since 4:30am this morning I'm barely functional now. Of course here I sit at my computer. Priorities you know.

StartingOver
06-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Of course here I sit at my computer. Priorities you know.

Topsy oh Topsy, we need an I AGREE sign !!!!!! Because, I agree.

Melyssa
06-25-2010, 02:09 AM
LOL I've been a nightowl my entire life. My blog is even named Night Owl Mom.

JinxieFox
06-25-2010, 02:20 AM
I just have to say that I can't believe how late some of you are up and making sense!

Heh heh. It is 2:18 p.m. here in South Korea. Therefore, it is 1:18 a.m. on the east coast of the U.S., 12:18 a.m. central time, etc. So my posts happen during *my* days. (Yes, I realize that I don't post all that often... LOL) My days are your nights, and I think that applies to a few people here at least!

And everybody else? Maybe posting after the children are in bed and they finally have peace and quiet! Heh.

Busygoddess
06-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Heh heh. It is 2:18 p.m. here in South Korea. Therefore, it is 1:18 a.m. on the east coast of the U.S., 12:18 a.m. central time, etc. So my posts happen during *my* days. (Yes, I realize that I don't post all that often... LOL) My days are your nights, and I think that applies to a few people here at least!

And everybody else? Maybe posting after the children are in bed and they finally have peace and quiet! Heh.

Peace & quiet, what's that? It's never quiet here. Well, it's currently about 12:30am. The hubby & kids are all sleeping, which means it's quieter than between the hours of 6am & 10pm. I'm taking a break from doing my schooling. I have about 25 pages left of this chapter but decided to spend a few minutes online, get a drink, stretch a little, and then finish it off. It still isn't quiet, though. I don't deal well with silence, so I've got the tv on. Some really bad horror movie just finished & I just started a new one.

SunshineKris
06-25-2010, 02:53 AM
I'm like Wendy! It only looks like I am a night owl but the truth is I am in a time zone way ahead of you all. This is my early morning. We wouldn't even have started school yet. I should be eating breakfast right now.

I am actually a morning person. I love being in bed by 9PM. My computer is off by 8PM, often earlier. I lay in bed and read for a bit then fall asleep. I like being up by 5AM, having a quiet house, no kids, no one bugging me. I get on the treadmill or do some yoga. I enjoy the quiet. and when I live back home in FL I can listen to the birds year round in the early AM, breathing in the thick moist morning air while reading the paper and eating breakfast. I love mornings!

Shoe
06-25-2010, 03:38 AM
I just have to say that I can't believe how late some of you are up and making sense! If I was posting at 2AM it would be..... well not pretty;) I mean how many hours of sleep do you people get? I know ,I Know "You can sleep when your dead,right?"

Just a random thought I needed to get out of my head;) Thanks!

Well, I usually check out all the new posts I've missed while I'm at work when I get home, which is usually somewhere between 2 and 3 a.m. Then I go to bed, get up, get the kids started on things, check again for posts I've missed and reply, then go to work...and repeat.

I usually get about 3-4 hours of sleep a night...not my choice, just the way it is, though after awhile I do tend to just crash.

Shoe
06-25-2010, 03:40 AM
LOL Ben, do you hit the NEW POST almost constantly like I do. Hoping someone said something !!

Hi, My name is Jana, and I am addicted. We really need a support group folder on here. TOPSY ????????

I don't think I'm addicted...but I hit the NEW POSTS after I finish reading the current thread. I just don't want to miss any.

pandahoneybee
06-25-2010, 07:24 AM

I have a friend in Singapore and she is always going to bed as I am getting up;)

pandahoneybee
06-25-2010, 07:26 AM
Well, I usually check out all the new posts I've missed while I'm at work when I get home, which is usually somewhere between 2 and 3 a.m. Then I go to bed, get up, get the kids started on things, check again for posts I've missed and reply, then go to work...and repeat.

I usually get about 3-4 hours of sleep a night...not my choice, just the way it is, though after awhile I do tend to just crash.
you are the one ,I noticed first Shoe! I figured you were coming home from work but then you are posting again mid afternoon and making more sense then me;)

reversemigration
06-25-2010, 10:21 AM

I always hit New Post after I've gone through the new post list once, to make sure I haven't missed anything in the meantime. The world might end if I didn't keep on top of this! ;)

mommykicksbutt
06-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Night owl hell, I'm a farging vampire. Always have been, I've never been a morning person, however my hubby is. I'll be up way past midnight mostly until 2-3 am and sleep in past 10 am. Hubby is up at O'dark 30 to be at work by 7:30 am, he's in bed between 9:30 and 10 pm. My kids are vampires too. DD has always been a slug in the morning and sonny would sleep until 3 pm if I let him. I think we're allergic to mornings. Sleeping in is one of the benefits of homeschooling.

wild_destiny
06-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes, sleeping in IS one of the benefits of being a homeschooler. Another perk is getting to the store when it is less busy, because everyone else is either at work or school!

schwartzkari
06-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Yes, sleeping in IS one of the benefits of being a homeschooler. Another perk is getting to the store when it is less busy, because everyone else is either at work or school!

YES! I actually like grocery shopping and running errands because we can go at any time. :)

SunshineKris
06-26-2010, 05:05 AM
The stores are less busy, vacations at off-season prices, the kids can wake up at normal hours for kids (they don't like being up a 6:15 to start their day to catch a bus), plans don't revolve around a concrete, inflexible school schedule but when it fits best for us. LOVE IT!

mommykicksbutt
06-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Best time to do grocery shopping is Sundays am, while people are either in church or in bed, the stores are almost empty! Easy to get in and out fast!

wild_destiny
06-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Yep, I am with you there. Sunday morning is the absolute best time to go grocery shopping, unless you are a vampire and can only go out at night!

Snoopy
06-28-2010, 12:38 AM
I do my grocery shopping most mornings at about 8 a.m. and there is no one at the store... but I do get the occasional startled look when I buy beer (for hubby) that early in the morning, lol. They probably think all I do is sit back, let Noah play videogames and kick back a few brewskies.

I'm not typically a night owl, I need my 8 hours of sleep like Cara said. But Greg stays up every night until 1:30 a.m. and if I drink coffee with him and I make it that late... then I can easily stay up until 4-5 a.m. and I have! Like Ben, I hit "new posts", read everything, and then hit "new posts" again just to make sure I caught everything. It really is an addiction! I just promised myself that THAT'S IT, I'm cutting back on my online time, but here I am still, at 11:36 p.m, reading posts and answering them while I have a sink full of dirty dishes (I'll be doing them as soon as I'm done here, I promise!) and 3 huge baskets of clean laundry waiting for me to fold them.

What was it that David said about priorities again?:p Oh look! There's more coffee in the coffee pot...