PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Tasmania, Australia

Keren
06-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a homeschooling mum living in Tasmania, Australia. I home educate my two girls aged 9 and 4. We learn through a variety of methods and our days are filled of wonderful experiences. We love to learn about others experiences with home education and also love to find ways to bring other people and places closer to us through collaboration of activities and learning about the big world around us.

Keren

pandahoneybee
06-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Wow Keren! Welcome to the group;) My boys will want to know all about your family adventures!, Tasmania is one of the places we have studied(my boys are into animals and they couldn't believe all the cool animals that lived there)

Hope that you jump right in and let us all know more about homeschooling in Australia!

BPier12
06-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Hi Keren, and welcome!! My husband spent two years traveling around Australia and I love listening to the stories about his experiences there. They really make me want to visit some day! We are just starting our homeschooling adventure with our soon-to-be 13 year old son. I've found this forum to be a great source of support and information and I hope you find that here as well. :D

wuffers
06-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Welcome Keren!

Shoe
06-24-2010, 10:32 AM
We learn through a variety of methods and our days are filled of wonderful experiences. We love to learn about others experiences with home education and also love to find ways to bring other people and places closer to us through collaboration of activities and learning about the big world around us.
How beautifully phrased. Welcome to the site, and I look forward to hearing your perspective on things.

Topsy
06-24-2010, 11:15 AM
So glad you made it, Keren!!! Thanks for taking the time to post an intro... I'll be posting info about your new project very soon!!

reversemigration
06-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Welcome, Keren! I've always been fascinated with Tasmania, and would enjoy hearing about your homeschooling experiences thus far.

Riceball_Mommy
06-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Welcome to the site. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. I had a pen pal in Australia when I was younger, we didn't stay in touch long though.

Keren
06-25-2010, 02:05 AM
G'day Everyone,

Thanks for the welcomes!

I just wanted to say that I have received a few emails from members asking about the newsletter I currently have underway. I promise to send you through further details ASAP.

I also look forward to contributing around here where I can - now and in the future.

Until then take care,

Keren

Topsy
06-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Keren,
If you ever have a few minutes, I'd love for you to create a Group in our International Homeschoolers section (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?do=grouplist&cat=4) for those from Australia. I know we have a few of you here, and I'd love to have a specific "hang-out" created! ;)

Snoopy
06-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey Keren, I think I greeted you on another post but that was over 3 days (and a few wine coolers) ago so I figured that I'd greet you again in case I had dreamt that... Welcome to the group! We're thrilled to have another Aussie among us :)