PDA

View Full Version : Could we please change the rule in the swap forum?

GothicGyrl
06-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Making everyone do one post PER item to be sold is redundant and takes up a LOT of space and pushes many of the current for sale/wtb items OFF the first page.

I do NOT have a problem with the poster named Snoopy, but she just posted a ton of stuff and the entire first page is all of her stuff, one item per post. :) (To make it more clear, there is only one other post on the front page other than mine (which I had to bump). I'd really hate to have the person who is looking for something to purchase, lose her place (so to speak) because of all the single line posts).

Every other forum I have ever been part of requires people to make ONE post listing ALL of their for sale items within that post. And please, don't comment telling me it is so much easier to find things if there is only one post per item because it is not. Not only is it not fair to those selling (because of being bumped and one very rarely checks beyond page 1), but it is unfair to those looking to buy, to have to scroll through pages and pages of stuff.

All one needs to do is creatively word their title/subject line something like "FS: High, Middle, Elementary books" or "FS: Abeka Elem., BJU Middle, A/O High"

Please, Topsy. Look into this. :)

Topsy
06-23-2010, 11:37 PM
I'll look into it.

GothicGyrl
06-24-2010, 12:14 PM
I do appreciate it. :) It really is easier to find things and doesn't put as much strain on the server either.

Topsy
07-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Just wanted to update everyone and let you know that the grade-level, etc. subforums in the Secular Swap are now in place. Go forth and sell to your heart's content, everyone!! ;)