PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Icecream Flavour and Topping ?

Stella M
11-27-2012, 04:14 AM
I have simple tastes. A bowl of French vanilla with maple syrup on top and I'm happy.

How about you ?

JinxieFox
11-27-2012, 07:17 AM
Edy's Ice Cream Sandwich Ice Cream. No toppings. The end.

Problem? I can never find it anywhere, but Massachusetts. :Crying: In fact, it's been so long since I had it, they actually changed the name to "Vanilla Sandwich Ice Cream".

Thus, I survive on cookies and cream...

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
11-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Almost anything chocolate-y--chocolate ice cream or vanilla with chocolate bits in it, like cookies and cream or cookie dough. Chocolate syrup on top, please.

farrarwilliams
11-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Homemade strawberry in the middle of summer.

Or anything loaded with chocolate. For commercial flavors, I like Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. We usually get large cartons of vanilla and pour Trader Joe's Midnight Moo all over it.

hockeymom
11-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Cookie dough or any kind of chocolate and peanut butter combo for supermarket ice cream. No toppings for me, just straight up.

Our local gelato place has a hazelnut that is absolutely divine. Actually, everything they make is divine, even unlikely flavors like pumpkin espresso which was surprisingly out of this world yummy.

Operetta
11-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Soft serve chocolate. Any kind really, although I'm partial to Carvel and DQ. No topping, although every so often I get a chocolate dip (shell in other places, i think?)

rktowne
11-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Coconut ice cream. Local Bobby Sue's is the best. Almond Joy *almost* does it. Almost.

inmom
11-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Vanilla ice cream with warm, home-made chunky applesauce.

MrsLOLcat
11-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Ben & Jerry's "Willie Nelson's Country Peach Cobbler." Sadly, it's only available in the summer. No toppings.

I *used* to love to go to the mall and get a huge cone of cheesecake flavored ice cream from Marble Slab, but they shut down years ago.

kewb22
11-27-2012, 11:55 AM
If I am going out for ice cream: Soft Serve chocolate from Carvel is my go to treat. I also love a flying saucer from there. Hagaan Daz vanilla or double chocolate are also good.

If I am buying from the store Breyer's used to be my go to brand but once they were bought by Good Humor they changed the vanilla ice cream from milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla to milk, cream, sugar, tara gum, natural flavors. Ben and Jerry's also changed up the ingredients once they were sold. So now if I buy ice cream at the store it is usually Hagaan Daz. Being a label reader can be a real buzz kill sometimes.

dragonfly
11-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Coffee ice cream with jimmies on top. Preferably either locally made or Breyer's (just love the texture).

Stella M
11-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Jimmies are those candy sprinkles, right ?

If I'm going the gelato route, I like panna cotta.

albeto
11-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Mint chocolate chip ice cream and my grandmother's homemade hot chocolate sauce.

omg

ItoLina
11-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Ben & Jerry's Cherries Garcia.
Nothing added to it...it is perfect as is. Even the low fat version is pretty great when I am feeling like being "good."

laundrycrisis
11-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Lime sherbet with hot caramel sauce. Yes, really. It's delicious !

Kimberlapoderosa
11-27-2012, 09:48 PM
I love mint chocolate chip, but hubby loves coconut. Ktowne, please tell me where you buy it! We only have one store here that sell it and it is so expensive it makes me sick to spend the money.

dragonfly
11-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Jimmies are those candy sprinkles, right ?

If I'm going the gelato route, I like panna cotta.

Yep. specifically chocolate ones.

Never tried gelato.

MrsLOLcat
11-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Gelato is delicious. My favorite gelato place closed down, but I've found a good substitute downtown. I haven't tried enough flavors to know which is my favorite yet, though. Now I think I need to go there again...

Stella M
11-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Lime sherbet with hot caramel sauce. Yes, really. It's delicious !

I am going to have to try this, just because I can't even begin to imagine how the combination tastes!!!

Freedom
11-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Vanilla with chocolate covered anything, topped with raspberry compote.

Paula
11-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Cantaloupe ice cream from Mitchell's in San Francisco. Amazing!

This place is a blink-and-you'll-miss-it ice cream shop with lines out the door, but they serve luscious ice cream. My husband and I have talked about driving down there with an ice chest and bringing home several quarts. He loves their avocado ice cream.

ajohnn
12-11-2012, 02:42 AM
I love ice cream Valina Mango strawberry,,,chocolate you give me ice cream any flavor i will eat...i like very much ice cream ....

TriciaJ
12-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Vanilla with pecans on top....dash of cinnamon if I want to get crazy.

flock o geese
02-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Blue Bell... my favorite is the praline pecan, the kids have to have The Great Divide, which is chocolate/vanilla.
bonus is they still sell it by the 1/2 gallon, which means 2 servings for me!! lol

melissa
02-05-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm going to show my unsophisticated palate now. When I was pregnant I ate a vanilla Frosty from Wendy's every day, this is not an exaggeration, EVERY day.