PDA

View Full Version : Why is it...

Snoopy
06-22-2010, 10:00 AM
that I seem to be the ONLY one who seems to care that there is a new toilet paper roll in each dispenser? I always seem to come when the person before me has finished the roll. Coincidence? I think not.

reversemigration
06-22-2010, 10:32 AM
If you find out the answer, will you let me know? Now, I can understand that the 3 y.o. doesn't have the manual dexterity to change the ones in our house (they're not the usual spring-pressure rolls), but even the ADULTS seem to think that sticking a new roll on top of a flat surface within arm's reach is the same as replacing the roll....

Snoopy
06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
If you find out the answer, will you let me know? Now, I can understand that the 3 y.o. doesn't have the manual dexterity to change the ones in our house (they're not the usual spring-pressure rolls), but even the ADULTS seem to think that sticking a new roll on top of a flat surface within arm's reach is the same as replacing the roll.... Shoot, I'd even settle for that! We have tiny bathrooms so I keep the huge packs of toilet paper in a closet downstairs but I have those stick things there you can store 4 rolls in each bathroom. But no one ever thinks to get new rolls when the supply runs low! Grrr. And what is disturbing me is that it doesn't seem to bother them. I mean, I'm the only one running to the closet to get new rolls but judging by what I find in the bowls (aaaarrrghhh) I KNOW that I'm not the only one who uses the toilet!

I think my older kids failed reading comprehension when they first heard "If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down!" in a movie somewhere!

Museling
06-22-2010, 11:29 AM
snoopy- I think that's just boys...you should see the shuffle I have to do when we have guests over and they need to use the bathroom. Somebody does not get the concept of flushing!!!

jessicalb
06-22-2010, 11:48 AM
I just wish there was a roll within reach of the seat. Also, where the heck does it GO!? They are both boys, what do they DO with that much paper? Seems like every time I go in there I have to dig another roll out from under the sink.

Busygoddess
06-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Everyone in my house is generally good about at least pulling out another roll, usually actually replacing the empty one. My problem is that I seem to be the only person in the house who doesn't pee on the seat. I have to check the seat every time I go in there & have to wipe it off at least twice a day.

paganmomblog
06-22-2010, 02:14 PM
that I seem to be the ONLY one who seems to care that there is a new toilet paper roll in each dispenser? I always seem to come when the person before me has finished the roll. Coincidence? I think not.

This used to happen alot to me. Until I didn't replace the roll one day. I dug one out from under the sink, took what I needed, and shoved it back under the sink. Half hour later hubs starts yelling about toilet paper and where the hell is it? I informed him that had he ever replaced rolls he finished off in the past he would know where they were stored. He tried to deny it but since then he hasn't yelled about toilet paper. Now I am working on the kids.

wild_destiny
06-22-2010, 03:05 PM
That is so funny (all of you!!). Nathalie, I know just what you mean. Sometimes I think I am the only one who cares to replace the toilet paper when it is out. And, Brandi, as much as it pains me to admit it, yours is not the only household with a messy toilet seat. Good grief--how hard is it to not miss when you are a male? I mean, you have the ability to aim! Use it already. :)

schwartzkari
06-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Same thing happens around here. I am usually the one who wakes up to use the bathroom at 2am only to discover (after fumbling around in the dark first) that SOMEONE didn't replace the roll after they used the bathroom before bedtime. lol.

Busygoddess
06-22-2010, 03:52 PM
That is so funny (all of you!!). Nathalie, I know just what you mean. Sometimes I think I am the only one who cares to replace the toilet paper when it is out. And, Brandi, as much as it pains me to admit it, yours is not the only household with a messy toilet seat. Good grief--how hard is it to not miss when you are a male? I mean, you have the ability to aim! Use it already. :)

Exactly! What I really don't get is how both my husband and son can hit the seat when they put the seat UP to pee.

Shoe
06-22-2010, 04:10 PM
If you find out the answer, will you let me know? Now, I can understand that the 3 y.o. doesn't have the manual dexterity to change the ones in our house (they're not the usual spring-pressure rolls), but even the ADULTS seem to think that sticking a new roll on top of a flat surface within arm's reach is the same as replacing the roll....

You mean it isn"t??

I once attended a leadership conference where a speaker did an entire lecture on toilet paper rolls. He was saying some people liked it on the roll so it unrolled from the top, some just put it on the counter, some put it on the roll so it unrolled for the bottom, and he gave all sorts of reasons why people might want it the way they wanted. His final point was that it really didn't matter as long as it didn't look this way...and held up an empty roll. It's the only talk I remember from that whole conference :D.

dottieanna29
06-22-2010, 04:15 PM
I want to know how to explain to everyone that leaving one little square on the roll does not mean it doesn't need replacing.

Riceball_Mommy
06-22-2010, 05:55 PM
I want to know how to explain to everyone that leaving one little square on the roll does not mean it doesn't need replacing.

I hate that, they'll leave maybe two though in my house. Just enough for the roll to be covered in white and give that illusion that there is paper. It's also fun when it's that way and then there is no paper in the bathroom.

Snoopy
06-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Exactly! What I really don't get is how both my husband and son can hit the seat when they put the seat UP to pee. What a special talent, you must be so proud! ROFLMAO!

reversemigration
06-22-2010, 06:28 PM

They do it right after they put the milk carton back into the fridge with one sip left in it. ;)

Snoopy
06-22-2010, 06:29 PM
You mean it isn"t??

I once attended a leadership conference where a speaker did an entire lecture on toilet paper rolls. He was saying some people liked it on the roll so it unrolled from the top, some just put it on the counter, some put it on the roll so it unrolled for the bottom, and he gave all sorts of reasons why people might want it the way they wanted. His final point was that it really didn't matter as long as it didn't look this way...and held up an empty roll. It's the only talk I remember from that whole conference :D. LOL. I'm forever turning the roll around so it enrolls from the top. All the boys change it back to enrolling from the bottom. In my dreams I have my OWN bathroom that I don't have to share with anyone else. It's clean, has tons of TP rolls waiting to be used, the mirror isn't covered with flecks of toothpaste, the seat is always DOWN (especially at 2 am!), and it's totally soundproof so they can yell "MO-OM!" as much as they want and I can't hear them.

Snoopy
06-22-2010, 06:31 PM
I hate that, they'll leave maybe two though in my house. Just enough for the roll to be covered in white and give that illusion that there is paper. It's also fun when it's that way and then there is no paper in the bathroom. .. and when you don't realize it until you've finished your business.... yeah, I'm with you, sister. Girls CAN'T shake!

reversemigration
06-22-2010, 06:34 PM
You mean it isn"t??

I once attended a leadership conference where a speaker did an entire lecture on toilet paper rolls. He was saying some people liked it on the roll so it unrolled from the top, some just put it on the counter, some put it on the roll so it unrolled for the bottom, and he gave all sorts of reasons why people might want it the way they wanted. His final point was that it really didn't matter as long as it didn't look this way...and held up an empty roll. It's the only talk I remember from that whole conference :D.

Yeah, I agree, I can deal as long as there's something within reach! (However, everyone knows that it's only correct when the paper comes over the top.... ;) )

Museling
06-22-2010, 06:53 PM
I love toilet humor!!! LOL!

pandahoneybee
06-22-2010, 07:03 PM
LOL hehehehe if you find out let me know!

dottieanna29
06-22-2010, 10:30 PM
LOL. I'm forever turning the roll around so it enrolls from the top. All the boys change it back to enrolling from the bottom. In my dreams I have my OWN bathroom that I don't have to share with anyone else. It's clean, has tons of TP rolls waiting to be used, the mirror isn't covered with flecks of toothpaste, the seat is always DOWN (especially at 2 am!), and it's totally soundproof so they can yell "MO-OM!" as much as they want and I can't hear them.

I'm with you on the sound proofing, along with a really good lock. I can't remember the last time I was able to go with peace and quiet. (probably before my oldest was born).

StartingOver
06-22-2010, 10:33 PM
I know where mine always it.... Emma flushes it so she can use the roll as a megaphone !! That child can go through a roll in 2 minutes, if you forget and leave it within reach. Anyone want a 2 year old ????????????

Busygoddess
06-23-2010, 02:33 AM
What a special talent, you must be so proud! ROFLMAO!

Now if only I could figure out a way for them to use that talent for good, instead of evil...........

SunshineKris
06-23-2010, 06:19 AM
LOL. I'm forever turning the roll around so it enrolls from the top. All the boys change it back to enrolling from the bottom. In my dreams I have my OWN bathroom that I don't have to share with anyone else. It's clean, has tons of TP rolls waiting to be used, the mirror isn't covered with flecks of toothpaste, the seat is always DOWN (especially at 2 am!), and it's totally soundproof so they can yell "MO-OM!" as much as they want and I can't hear them.

Nathalie, I have that same exact fantasy!!! Don't forget, it ALWAYS smells nice in there too!

I do have to admit, as much as I agree with the whole TP thing and no one changing the rolls, I did forget to buy more and now we can only use one bathroom till I get my butt to the commissary to buy the super-mega-ultra pack of lots of toilet paper!

Snoopy
06-23-2010, 09:22 AM
I know where mine always it.... Emma flushes it so she can use the roll as a megaphone !! That child can go through a roll in 2 minutes, if you forget and leave it within reach. Anyone want a 2 year old ???????????? Do what I do... keep a few cores (and some from paper towels as well if you use those) for those occasions and for making crafts in a place where she can reach them. I keep all of those for Noah. There are even books about making projects with them such as Look at What You Can Make with Tubes (http://www.amazon.com/Look-What-Make-Tubes-Craft/dp/1563976773/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_c) and a few websites with ideas like this one (http://www.makingfriends.com/recycle/tp_tube_crafts.htm).

Snoopy
06-23-2010, 09:24 AM
till I get my butt to the commissary to buy the super-mega-ultra pack of lots of toilet paper! I'm sure your butt will thank you, lol! And yes, the SMELL. I forgot about it!! Only good smelling bathrooms allowed in my dream home. But that would require to get rid of hubby and he's a keeper so... I did see a house on HGTV once that had a hers and his bathroom and I was drooling!

StartingOver
06-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Do what I do... keep a few cores (and some from paper towels as well if you use those) for those occasions and for making crafts in a place where she can reach them. I keep all of those for Noah. There are even books about making projects with them such as Look at What You Can Make with Tubes (http://www.amazon.com/Look-What-Make-Tubes-Craft/dp/1563976773/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_c) and a few websites with ideas like this one (http://www.makingfriends.com/recycle/tp_tube_crafts.htm).

LOl it doesn't matter if I have 20 in her reach, there is just something about a full roll that she loves LOL. I think it is the unrolling. Thanks for links, I didn't have one of them. hehehe

wild_destiny
06-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Nathalie, I am pretty sure you are channeling my dreams, because I, also, have the same one about the clean, sweet-smelling bathroom. Mine also has a huge tub and tons of good-smelling bath gel stocked up, so I can just lather on as much as I want without running out.

Snoopy
06-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Nathalie, I am pretty sure you are channeling my dreams, because I, also, have the same one about the clean, sweet-smelling bathroom. Mine also has a huge tub and tons of good-smelling bath gel stocked up, so I can just lather on as much as I want without running out.

OK, Deanna... this is my bubble bath shelf. Yes it gets its own shelf. I have 18 bottles and expecting 5 more on order. Can you say serious addict? lol. I kind of forgot that I can't take hot bubble baths in the summer in Florida and cold bubble baths just aren't the same... so I'm waiting for winter to get here pretty impatiently!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/frugalnathalie/BubbleBathShelf.jpg

SunshineKris
06-24-2010, 06:07 AM
OMgoodness Nathalie! A bubble Bath SHELF!! Amazing! I have not done a real bath in I do not even know how long. It's likely been at least a decade. When I get into a house I actually like, in a place I actually like, with a bathroom I actually like, I am going to find the best bubble bath stuff I can find and soak it all away. With a glass of wine and a book. I am so jealous of you.

wild_destiny
07-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Awww, Nathalie, now I'm jealous!! My few bottles of shower gel have to make do sharing with all the other stuff. I wonder if I could get Flat Mitchel to sneak some of those out to send to me? Maybe if I bribed him with chocolate? :)