PDA

View Full Version : Home Scool PE for everyone!! Need ideas???

Deli76
09-30-2012, 03:16 PM
A few weeks ago dd started the homeschool PE class. We love it! It is parent led which is just awesome! I get in the game with the kids as well as the other adults and play! Pretty fun!
There are kids of all ages. They are from ages 2- 14. I need some game ideas for everyone to participate. Some of the little ones like to get in there and I get scared. We have the pool outside, but its getting cool, we have a soccer field, football field, basket ball courts, all the equiptment we need. I dont expect the Big kids to always play with the younger ones, but to get in a game or 2 for everyone at the same time and something safe for the little ones would be great! Any ideas?

OldFarmer
10-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I think, especially as the weather starts to cool, you might consider yoga/dance/creative movement.

Also, what about fitness/calisthenics types of workouts? You could do measurements of fitness like flexibility/reps whatever, and each kid (at least older kids) could record their progress over time.

Edited to add: Things like "boot camp" or crossfit-type workouts are big with adults. Something obstacle-course-like or fitness stations could be fun for the kids, too.

Avalon
10-05-2012, 10:35 AM
There are a lot of great old-fashioned games that you can play in a group like freeze tag, kick the can, potato-sack races, three-legged races, wheelbarrow races, silly relay races, etc...

My son is in Cubs (scouts for younger kids), and they play a lot of what they call "wide games" out in a big field. Stuff like Capture the Flag, or Predator and Prey. You could google "wide games" or "outdoor group games".

If you have a mixture of ages, you could pair up smaller kids with big kids. Have the big kids piggy-back the smaller ones.

Ellie's mom
10-05-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm not big on rules and waiting your turn so anything that just keeps kids moving is great to me.
A little imaginary game of, say, walking-thru-the-jungle where everyone acts out the motions, works for small and bigger (uninhibited) kids. Climb swim stomp shriek run crawl swing shake...

Big kids like to lead there own version of an adventure

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
10-05-2012, 05:32 PM
This book (http://www.amazon.com/Readers-Digest-Great-Childrens-Games/dp/076210094X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349472642&sr=8-1&keywords=readers+digest+great+big+book+of+children s+games) has dozens of outdoor games, divided up into sidewalk and blacktop games, hide-and-seek games, races and relays, tag and chase, and ball games.

We checked it out of the library and then I was excited (like, jumping up and down excited) to find it a book sale. It has tons of indoor games, too. We like the word games when we're waiting around someplace.