PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Birmingham Alabama

BeverlyM
06-20-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm fairly new to homeschooling (this will be my second year) and am always looking for new secular resources. I run two yahoo groups in my area but as secular homeschoolers, we are most definitely a minority in our area.
I'm looking forward to browsing the forums and seeing what kind of great info I can find here.
Beverly

Snoopy
06-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the group Beverly! If your groups are secular, please contact Topsy, our fearless leader, to ask her to add them to the Secular Homeschool Group by States list found here (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/content/203-Secular-Homeschool-Support-Groups-by-State). Please use the "Contact Us" link at the very bottom of every page. I don't think she's going to be around today due to Father's Day, but she'll take care of you on Monday. We're always looking for more resources for our members!

How old is/are your child(ren)? This group is wonderfully supportive and drama-free. I'm a secular group leader myself, and I find it a welcome oasis from the drama of the homeschooling world at large!

Shoe
06-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the site Beverly. I look forward to your perspective on things.

MamaB2C
06-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Hello fellow Alabama dweller, I am in South Baldwin Co.

pandahoneybee
06-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the site! Hope that you have as great as time as I do on here;)

Riceball_Mommy
06-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Welcome to the site :)

Topsy
06-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Welcome, Beverly! Great to have you join us!! I hope you will add yourself to our AL group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=68), and participate often on our forums. We have a lot of fun around here and always are ready to make new friends!!

BeverlyM
06-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks everyone. I have two yahoo groups, one is a secular group so I sent an email to have it added. Thanks for the suggestion. It's nice to see someone else from Alabama on here. I used to live in Mobile before moving to Bham. I hate what's happening to our wonderful beaches with the oil spill.

reversemigration
06-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Welcome, Beverly. There's a lot of good information here for the browsing, and a lot of great folks who'll share even more!