PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Canada!

alexdk
06-19-2010, 08:15 AM
We are a secular family of 5 homeschooling in SW Ontario, Canada. This is our 5th year homeschooling.
We have an almost 13 year old dd, 11 yr old ds, and a 6 yr old dd.

I am new to this group, but looking forward to meeting other moms that homeschool for reasons other than religion.

I am going to spend some time checking out all the forums this morning!!

Topsy
06-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the site, alexdk!! We're so glad you found us. I think you will find this group to be a fun one to hang out with. We have a good many Canadians hanging around here...I'm sure you will meet them soon. Thanks for taking the time to post an intro...I hope you will visit with us on the forums often!

Topsy

Shoe
06-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi alexdk, and welcome to the site. I grew up in Ontario (Kingston), and then worked awhile in Northern Ontario (Thunder Bay and Sioux Lookout areas) before settling in New Hampshire. I've never really seen much of the southwestern part of the province, though I do have a couple of friends who weres omewhere in that region the last I heard.

We've got two kids of similar ages to yours, so I look forward to your thoughts and opinions on things. I've found this a great place to get information and support from a lot of great people.

Snoopy
06-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the group, Alexdk! The last few blogs I have been checking out all seemed to be from homeschoolers in Ontario although I can't remember if they were secular or not. I hope you can find local people here too! I've had a lot of fun meeting people from FL on this group and IRL too.

camaro
06-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi, Alexdk! Welcome aboard! I'm from Canada, too, but a bit further west in SK. We're just about done our first year of homeschooling our three boys (one almost 8 and twins 5). I hope to hear more of your adventures in homeschooling!

hockeymom
06-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the site, Alexdk! We live far east from you, in New Brunswick, but are much more familiar with the SW Ontario region. We moved up here from Ohio almost 2 years ago, and used to spend a lot of time in your neck of the woods. I hope you'll enjoy this site as much as we do!