PDA

View Full Version : Almost finished pupating!

Museling
06-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I've been around but Logan and I are almost done with our two week 'done with that hell hole of a school' de-funking. I will save eveyone the small details but I have to share this one - in the last two weeks, another child in Logan's class said to me when I brought his lunch up, "You know, Logan has never really been good because Mrs H says so," basically confirming my thoughts that he had no friends, was bullied, and outcasted his entire year because of his teacher.

So, for the past two weeks we've had a regiment of video games, cartoons, swimming in our pool, going through an entire package of printer paper in an hour making books and paper airplanes and eating, almost, whatever we want. Yes, I admit it, I have been spoiling him, but I didn't realize how bad it was up there until the substitute teacher for the last week told me that nobody will play with my son. That was the final nail in the coffin.

Since then, Logan no longer goes into his zombie state, we did see friends a few times and I saw the meanness he picked up from school emulate to his friends but it's gone now. He has battle scars to prove it, but thankfully it doesn't seem like p.s. did permanent damage. Oh, and the wonderful thing? He is SOOOO EXCITED to get started next week on his homeschool. I have definitely decided to dedicate myself to this as long as he and I both can and if he ever has to go to school again, it will be a charter school, he will not step foot in a p.s. again. period. I'm feverently pro-homeschool now.

So, sorry I have been MIA, it's partly to keep myself out of the school frame of mind! But I am back now and cannot wait for monday! (how often has that been said in the history of the world?)

paganmomblog
06-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Oh how horrible!I don't blame you for spoiling him, I totally would too. So glad he is excited, that makes it that much more special.

Shoe
06-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Nice to see he has no permanent scars. I was wondering where you've been. Welcome back.

So sorry that Logan has had such a tough time in the public school system-my Carol was facing similar trials, but she's now finished her year in public school and is officially a homeschooler too. I'm glad Logan's excited for it-it's always nice to see.

Museling
06-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Thank you! I plan on taking a whole bunch of pictures on Monday and have that as the reopening of my blog post....even when we were excited about kindergarten oh so long ago, I wasn't this excited, he wasn't this excited. This new 'first day of school' feels great!

BPier12
06-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Denise, your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry that Logan was the victim of a teacher who would so cruelly turn an entire class of children against him. It really pains me to read this and I applaud you for taking decisive action to pull him out of that environment. It sounds like your instinct to "spoil" him for a couple of weeks was just what he needed. I wish you both the best of luck as begin your adventure on Monday and I'm looking forward to reading all about it. Welcome back!

StartingOver
06-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Denise, your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry that Logan was the victim of a teacher who would so cruelly turn an entire class of children against him. It really pains me to read this and I applaud you for taking decisive action to pull him out of that environment. It sounds like your instinct to "spoil" him for a couple of weeks was just what he needed. I wish you both the best of luck as begin your adventure on Monday and I'm looking forward to reading all about it. Welcome back!

Beth said it all. I agree !! Welcome back. ( I subscribed to your blog yesterday. )

jessicalb
06-18-2010, 11:30 AM
He's just a little boy!!! I am so sorry his teacher was so awful to him!

Topsy
06-18-2010, 12:07 PM
BIG Congrats to both of you. I hope you have the absolute best "Not-Back-To-School" Day ever!!!!!! ;)

Shoe
06-18-2010, 12:45 PM
( I subscribed to your blog yesterday. )

Denise, I subscribed to your blog awhile ago (along with a bunch of others), but I seem to be having trouble accessing any of the blogger/blogspot/gmail pages most of the time :( . It just gives me a sign in screen and then tells me I need to use a supported browser (which I am) or tells me to contact my ISP because it's not allowing some kind of proxy redirect. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon and be back to reading Logan's adventures...

(I hope I don't have a virus problem...I've run scans with both Webroot and Spybot and neither has picked up anything.)

reversemigration
06-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Hi Denise! It's good to see you again, and better to know that you and Logan have slipped the confines of school and are footloose and fancy-free. Let us know how the summer goes!

camaro
06-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm so happy to hear of the excitement both of you are feeling to be out of that miserable school! Yes, you might be spoiling Logan, but I think you're being a great mom doing it. :)

GothicGyrl
06-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Your Logan was my Brittany. She attended school until beginning 4th grade when my eyes started opening and all that you realized, I realized. I pulled BOTH of my girls out at the same time because of it. My youngest has never seen school outside of a few weeks of kindergarten and she does not regret it one bit. We, too, had about a week of down-time of doing absolutely NOTHING in the world. And it was the best thing ever.

Just as an encouragement to you: my Brittany just graduated high school with honors, homeschooled all the way. :) It can be done. We are proof of that.

pandahoneybee
06-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi Denise and welcome back! Alex had alot of that in school too so I know what you are going thru! I spoiled both my boys that whole first year we homeschooled, we had such a terrible time at PS. Logan will bounce back no problems it will be you that will stay pissed for a while (or at least I did)
Hope to hear from you again soon;)

Snoopy
06-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Wow Denise, your instincts were right on the money! Poor little kid! I'm relieve that your long silence was due to you spending so much fun time with him and also so glad you're back! Give a big hug to Logan for us!

Snoopy
06-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Just as an encouragement to you: my Brittany just graduated high school with honors, homeschooled all the way. :) It can be done. We are proof of that. That's so great to hear! Congrats to Brittany! What are her plans now?

GothicGyrl
06-18-2010, 04:59 PM
an 18 year old girl has plans? I was never informed of this. :) Seriously, she has none right now. I'm working on that though.