PDA

View Full Version : Early Elementary Art

ItBeganInCamp4
08-13-2012, 02:53 PM
My husband and I are science/math people, so art is definitely not my strong point. However, I did put together a year's worth of art plans for my early elementary kids that I'm sharing for free. This is really geared towards my kindergarten child, but my 3rd grader will be doing the projects too. There are 2 lessons a week for a 9 month school year. For my own sake, I made the list by dates with a project and materials list for each art day. Just wanted to share in case it's helpful to someone else!

Link to Art Plans (http://itbeganincamp4.blogspot.com/2012/07/elementary-art-lesson-plans.html)

raegan
08-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Thank you! I am a math/science person, too, so having a list of art supplies with a schedule appeals to my very non-creative self!

I'll have a pre-k and 2nd grader working on them. :)

ItBeganInCamp4
08-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Glad it can be helpful! I realized I was always avoiding art because I don't enjoy it, I'm hoping having a schedule to look at and being able to easily get together supplies ahead of time will help me stick with it!

Tex-Bex
08-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Cool, thanks!

KristinK
08-20-2012, 03:13 PM
oh neat!

a good friend of mine loaned me a huge stack of kids-art books this summer, as I intended to peruse them and put something together for this year...but they're still sitting untouched. will definately take a look at what you have put together. thanks!

wife&mommy
08-20-2012, 06:22 PM
I love this, really great! Do you have lesson plans for any other subjects? ;)

ItBeganInCamp4
08-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Glad it's useful! The only other subject I put together on my own is history, there are plans for ancients, middle ages and early modern history (elementary level) on my blog, you can PM me if you want direct links. I do have a few pre-K/K science worksheets, I haven't finished out full lesson plans on those yet. There are also some smaller things I've put together like sight word practice sheets. Everything I put on my blog is free, you can go there and just click the homeschool tab to find more ;)

purplecheetah
08-22-2012, 02:12 PM
thanks a lot! This is extremely helpful and will be very useful to us!