PDA

View Full Version : Let's see what your homeschool room/area looks like!

Kelly Cyr-Levesque
07-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Here is what mine looks like:

Tee
07-30-2012, 11:51 AM
:_applaud: I love these threads.

bcnlvr
07-30-2012, 12:03 PM

Kelly Cyr-Levesque
07-30-2012, 12:32 PM
bcnlvr: Thanks for sharing!! I love the desks! Did you guys make the Presidential Timeline or buy it?

bcnlvr
07-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Did you guys make the Presidential Timeline or buy it?

Free from CSPAN. http://www.c-spanclassroom.org/

I am not sure where on there I got it, though....I don't remember.

Kelly Cyr-Levesque
07-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Come on ladies! We want to see some pictures!:)

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
07-30-2012, 01:52 PM
I'd post a picture of ours, but you might mistake it for a dining room. :)

bcnlvr
07-30-2012, 02:04 PM

Yep, sounds like me. I kicked my kid out of his room and made him move in with his brother....so that I could turn his room in to a home school room. Dh bitched all the time how the house looked like hs-central...books everywhere. Plus I was tired of cleaning the dining room, office, and living room up EVERY day. Much better now. Am I selfish?! lol

Oceana
07-30-2012, 02:08 PM
I really need a label maker! I will take pictures when all my kitchen stuff is off my table and back in my kitchen.

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
07-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Part of me wants a dedicated homeschool room, but I also like being able to "spread out" all over the house. One kid reads on the couch while the other works at the dining room table. I can pop into the kitchen for a mug of tea while still keeping an eye on them. Our apartment doesn't really have a good place for a school room anyway. The rooms are all small and have very little wall space--lots of big windows (which is nice), radiators, doors leading every which way. Bookcases are scattered around and our world map is in the hallway. :)

If I could have a school room, it would look like this one (http://www.homeschoolcreations.net/2011/10/our-new-home-schoolroom/).

KristinK
07-30-2012, 03:04 PM
oh AMM I LOVE that room! gorgeous!

we have no space to dedicate a spot. the kids DO have a dedicated arts/crafts area with desks, but it's always such total chaos that we cannot school there. So we use the kitchen table.

hockeymom
07-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Ours is the dining room, too. We do have a lovely room that could easily be dedicated as a schoolroom-- it has a built in desk and drawers and even a fireplace to read by in the winter, and isn't well utilized right now--but it somehow doesn't feel genuine to lock ourselves in a separate space like that to "do school". I get why it works for some families, but we'd forever be wandering around the rest of the house for this or that. I guess by now we are accustomed to using various spaces, though I do love the LOOK of well organized, dedicated schoolrooms. It is nice to know the space is there, should we change our minds at some point.

Stella M
07-30-2012, 06:24 PM
It looks like my kitchen, my loungeroom, my bed :)

I can't imagine having a dedicated room, although some of them on Pinterest look awesome!

MrsLOLcat
07-30-2012, 09:12 PM
I'll post on this thread again (especially if someone bumps it, because I'm not likely to remember) in a week or so. We're moving this weekend, and I'm going to concentrate on getting the school room functional as quickly as possible since we've already started for the year.

pamom1980
07-31-2012, 05:29 AM
Well... We turned our attic into our schoolroom but it isn't the greatest schoolroom to show.. LOL BUT, it keeps everything contained for the most part and once the summer is over and cools off, we'll be up there using it. Until then, we'll be doing everything from our living room and kitchen table.

Kelly Cyr-Levesque
07-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks for sharing Pamom!

JinxieFox
07-31-2012, 04:03 PM

Ditto. Granted, it's a really pretty dining room with antique furniture... and school books under and on one of the chairs. LOL

Keep this thread active for a year, and I'll have something to contribute then - when we're back in the U.S. in a normal-sized house with plenty of room. British homes are lovely, but teeny-tiny. ;)

HappyGal
07-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Are those foldable desk!?

LAR
07-31-2012, 07:02 PM
I also love the presidential timeline. I only had a second to search cspan's site but couldn't locate it. If anyone finds it, I'd appreciate the link.

dottieanna29
07-31-2012, 07:50 PM
We don't have a school room. I would LOVE to have a school room but we don't even have enough space for normal life. Our house clearly houses homeschoolers but dh is fine with that.

We used to do school at the kitchen table but I hated having to keep it cleared off all the time since it was also the only place for me to use as a desk to do bills, plan, etc. So once we got long folding table for the kids computers, I started using that. It is against one wall in the living room and I take the computers and sit them on the floor to do school. I have mini-office dividers that I attached to the wall and they each have a bulletin board above them for notes and stuff. ds always does his work there, especially his "independent" work. Dd does a few things or plays on her computer.

When I'm working with dd, we are usually sitting on the floor at a white board where I can put up any worksheets (like MEP) with magnets. She seems to like doing it this way better than just writing.

We use another smaller folding table to do most of our non-paperwork stuff (which is everything except math and language arts). This will usually sit at the couch and the kids will sit on the couch while I sit in a chair on the other side across from them.

I also have magnetic words and Word Whammer on the side of a metal bookcase that holds a bunch of my current reading books and our school supplies - not ones for the kids, ones that are for my use only. The kids books are on bookcases that sit behind our couch.

The red file folder holder sits on my bedroom door inside my bedroom and holds all the workbooks for the current work, ds's weekly binder, dd's folder of work, with some craft papers and supplies in the bottom.

pamom1980
07-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Are those foldable desk!?

If you're talking about the ones in my pictures, no they're not.. They were 20 dollars though at an outlet store here in town.. :)

Penguin
08-01-2012, 12:48 AM
This is our playroom/schoolroom. For now. Unfortunately, we need to move our nearly 3yo out of our bedroom, so the younger two will be sharing this as a bedroom soon and we'll be moving school to the dining room for the coming school year.

The closet is mostly toys and kids' games, except for the top shelf and some of the cubbies in the next one down, which have some school and art supplies, and some parent or supervised-only games. The shelf above the desks is all school supplies and paper etc. The white bookshelf in the corner is all our kids' non-fiction books. I get awesome books at our thrift stores, so we have lots and lots of books about animals, history, science etc. The top two shelves are art supplies like paint and glue etc.

The big table is where we do any lessons. The low green table and the little table by the window are intended to give the little kids somewhere to "work" too, but they never use them, really. I was so pleased with that green table when my oldest was preschool age, but my youngest just doesn't want to be there. I suppose we're going to have to get rid of it when we rearrange rooms.

Kelly Cyr-Levesque
08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Penguin: That is one great looking room!!! I love it!!! It stinks that you're going to lose it. Is there anywhere else you can create it in your house? Do you have a basement? I love all the cubby holes!

jess
08-01-2012, 11:58 AM
I have no desire for a dedicated schoolroom.

I would like a dedicated library/quiet room, though!

My dream house would have a rumpus/craft/play/school/living room that was visually and audibly separated from the bedrooms and more formal/quiet-oriented areas. Probably with the kitchen in between.

Penguin
08-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Aww, thanks, Kelly. No, we don't have any other rooms, no basement even. I'm OK with losing it, really. It was never intended to be a schoolroom, exactly. It was the kids' playroom and just sort of morphed into a place to keep school stuff and then do some schoolwork. We don't do all that much formal schooling, we really lean towards unschooling with everything but math and writing. I just need somewhere to keep all the stuff *together* and near a table for doing some work. It'll be kind of nice, actually, once we move, because we'll be closer to the woodstove in the living room. And in winter, we'll appreciate that!

zcat
08-01-2012, 03:51 PM
We had a dedicated homeschool room a couple of years ago but reorganized and scattered stuff throughout the house.
Dd usually works at the dining table or in the living room on the sofa. Homeschool materials currently in use are stored near the dining room. Older stuff is stored elsewhere in the house. Our computer is in another area of the house.
We have a dedicated craft room instead of a homeschool room. :)

lakshmi
08-02-2012, 12:51 AM
My school room is the dining room table and the kitchen table. And they are both wood. I store everything around my desk and it sort of looks like this. (http://qugrainne.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/mess-3.jpg) Only in a much smaller space and I am a feng shui freakazoid so all my desks have to face the door.

So no desks against the wall.. with the back out.

I am in process of changing messy to clean... But I have too much stuff and not enough time.

OkinawaMama
08-04-2012, 07:54 PM

This is our home school space. We have a small house in Japan, but fortunately there is this bar-type area between the kitchen and living room. So far it is working very well, but I may need to figure out how to make more storage space for the future.

MrsLOLcat
08-04-2012, 11:20 PM
OK, so I've pretty well gotten the school room set up. We still need to hang the whiteboard, and I didn't take any shots of the closet that I'm using for book storage and art supplies, but here's what our new school room looks like. The yellow cord above the desk is the start of a timeline for history.

Edited to add I love seeing all the other photos! You guys are really clever and creative with your spaces!

MamaP
08-05-2012, 10:36 AM
This is our work-in-progress school room. My kids are 6, 3, and 19 months. I still need to add some sort of permanent storage, but we just started "school" in July, and I want to get a good idea for what we actually need vs. what I think we need. ;)

Kelly Cyr-Levesque
08-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Awesome spaces ladies! Keep up the sharing! I love it!!

Crystal830
08-06-2012, 09:47 PM
We use our kitchen/dining area as the home base for all of our homeschool stuff. :P

Kelly Cyr-Levesque
08-07-2012, 12:15 AM
I love the under the counter use of space Crystal!

Crystal830
08-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks! :)

RubyRain
08-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Here's my old school room-it was great....but didn't get used much except for storage! The kids rather do their work on the couch. But it was great for arts and crafts which ended up being its main use. We moved last month and seriously downsized to a house half the size though so my storage room is no more....
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/annr33/IMG_9001.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/annr33/IMG_8999.jpg

Magnolia School
08-07-2012, 08:01 PM
My kids defy all of my efforts at neat organization and planning. It's no surprise this extends to learning spaces. We don't have a school room. We use the whole house, but mostly the kitchen... that is when I can get them to sit down and do any written work. I do have a shelf in there for their books and an office for me where I stow everything, and bookshelves all over the place for my book habit, but no centralized area. I'm pretty sure if I set up a nice schoolroom they would think it was cool for about two days and then go back to using the kitchen or any other undesignated space. Anyway, don't they say that you learn better when you change spaces? The other benefit is that I can get cooking and cleaning done while they work since they are right there in the kitchen. I can also monitor computer use, since the computer is set up in the kitchen too.

Here's a picture from a while back with some extraneous visiting family members, but you get the idea. It's Grand Central Station. I'm pretty militant about keeping the table clear because it's in constant use.

mom2twoboys
08-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I snapped these yesterday, so I thought I would share. Our house has a "bonus" room above the garage, so that transformed from our play room to our school room. We do a lot of our work, projects, etc. up there, but it's really only about two hours a day. The rest of the day is spent out of the house or playing legos downstairs ;) There is a large bathroom with some awkward unused space, so I use that for storage.

Oceana
08-09-2012, 04:50 PM
My school room is my dining room. Each of my boys has a desk for notebook storage and computer space. You can also see my indoor trampoline and my way too large calendar.

lafemmedesfemmes
08-10-2012, 11:25 PM
our master bedroom is ridiculously oversized, so i've been working on converting the extraneous space into school space. i've already been doing school lessons with kid1 in the master bedroom to cut down on distractions from the rest of the house. now that i'm starting some academic stuff with kid2 this school year, i decided to buckle down and consolidate all of our school materials into one place. i'll have pics once the dust settles. :-)

christina in lawrenceville

saralie
08-11-2012, 01:02 PM
We use the dining room. I'd like to eventually remove the dining room stuff and dedicate the room to school, have things more organized.

Starkspack
08-11-2012, 07:03 PM
You all are so brave to post pictures!! We work all over the house, too, but mostly in our spare room that I consider (or used to) my "office". It is a very small space, and I'm constantly thinking about ways to maximize it for storage of the ever-increasing pile of homeschool loot! We are building a new house, but we are at least 12 months away from that, so it is taking all my creativity to make good use of the space we have. :)

Oceana
08-11-2012, 08:33 PM
You all are so brave to post pictures!!

This week is the first time it was organized enough and tidy enough to take photos! Once we start school next week it wont look this nice again. I should have titled my photos The Calm Before the Storms.

Kelly Cyr-Levesque
08-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Well so much for the dedicated space I created! We are moving again! This time to a larger house! I'll be turning the dining room into the school room since we always eat in the kitchen anyway. Plus the dining room is connected by a large opening to the living room. Which is a plus since the current house we are in, the school room is in an extra bedroom and I kinda feel isolated from everything and everyone in here!

So be on the lookout for updated pics! It'll be at least a month until it's set up though!

amandac
01-22-2013, 02:41 AM
This is ours, but we use the dining room table a lot too. :) It's nice for my 5 year old to have a creative space away from the "grabby hands" (her words) of my 2 year old.

leakyowl
04-14-2013, 05:26 PM
I finally got my office squared away for my son--he had been sitting at a filing cabinet, but I wanted something more comfy, but also more professional-looking. Since I home school at work, I wanted something that could be subtle, but still functional. So, I got an Ikea wardrobe and a bookshelf to use as seating.
The picture is a bunch of idioms illustrated, which is something we work on A LOT. There's also a periodic table, a daily magnet schedule (the visual helps him), and a folding table for when he needs a writing surface.

dottieanna29
04-14-2013, 05:47 PM
I just looked back at my post in this thread and we are doing it completely differently now. :p

TriciaJ
04-14-2013, 07:40 PM
Come on ladies! We want to see some pictures!:)

I like pictures....

JLU
04-17-2013, 10:02 AM

I keep weekly stuff in the red pouch and it is in the dinning area. Our school area is open from the dinning area.

Unfortunately there is no over head lighting in the school, living area and it is a cloudy day today.

JLU
04-17-2013, 10:05 AM
We used to have a clock where the red pouch is but the clock broke so I put that up instead.

KristyG
08-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Looks sort of like a dining room, huh ;) The china cabinet is filled with arts/craft supplies and all of our homeschool-related things.

archaeomeg
08-20-2013, 10:32 AM
We don't have a large house so no dedicated area here either (my kingdom for a spare room!). I have stuff spread out - most of the sort of "official" school stuff takes up two shelves on a bookcase in the living room, and the boys have a bookcase in their room that holds their library, and their computer desk is in the dining room where we do most of our work. As they get a bit older and there's less toys to be kept I'm going to put a desk in their room and have them do more work in there.

I think most of my decor strategies involve how to stuff as many bookshelves as possible in each room :p

sdvelochick
08-26-2013, 11:53 PM
We moved to our new house a few months ago and finally got the classroom all set up. It's not a huge space, just the landing area at the top of the stairs, but it seems to be working well :-) Whe we need to spread out more we move to the kitchen table :-) And of course books are all OVER the place :-p
Must add, that every piece of furniture is Ikea... love them for desks and bookcases.

Pilgrim
08-27-2013, 02:44 PM
We've been schooling in this space for two years now. It was built as a den/pool room but we were barely using it. As a classroom, it works great. Lots of storage, a sink and counter for messy experiments, space for a computer desk way in back, and it's in the back of the house so it's out of the way.

Crabby Lioness
08-27-2013, 04:49 PM
We use the dining room table, which is both the geographic center of our house and where the most time is spent. I saw an article the other day entitled What to do with your unused dining room: new uses for the room no one uses anymore. I'm like, WTFBBQ?

LadyXDM
08-27-2013, 06:11 PM
It's fun to see pics so I did my best to get some of ours to share. I hope this works :-)

This is a bedroom and includes a large filing cabinet, my desk, a pull-out couch and a treadmill along with miscellaneous other little things. Whew. Crowded!

melissa
08-27-2013, 11:04 PM
We've been schooling in this space for two years now. It was built as a den/pool room but we were barely using it. As a classroom, it works great. Lots of storage, a sink and counter for messy experiments, space for a computer desk way in back, and it's in the back of the house so it's out of the way.

So jealous of all that space!

OldFarmer
08-30-2013, 09:21 AM
This week, our space is a kitchen table and a back office at my sister's house. Next week, it will be on trains, all over town and in the hotel room for our field trip to the National Mall. The two weeks after that will be the kitchen table of our little rented apartment. After that, another field trip (Paris), followed by most likely the very austere digs of our extended family in North Africa for a couple weeks.
Then, we will finally settle in for the rest of the school year in our new place in UAE. I have not actually seen the setup, but my understanding is that each kid has a desk, we have the living room/dining room space with a big table and book shelves. Two white boards. We typically keep a pretty bare-bones approach since we're all over the place throughout the year, but I am jealous of these comfy spaces!

Oceanseve
08-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Okay, I've wanted to add photos to this thread for a while and I finally have it clean enough that I'm not totally embarrassed by it :p

CloverBee&Reverie
09-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Glad to add us to the list of kitchen/dining room table homeschoolers! We have an extra bedroom that is technically a guest room that also has an empty desk in it that doubles as flex space- any time one of us needs a surface to work on away from the heart of the home or a quiet space to get away we'll go in there and close the door. Our public library's oversized bean-bag chair and this cute bumpy wooden table in the corner of our local Starbucks also could be called our homeschooling rooms. My husband is a public school teacher and the last thing he wanted to do when we chose to homeschool is to recreate school at home. That said, some days when I find a group of kids spreading out around a folding banquet table in our garage trying to do a large project makes me wish for maybe not a school room but a "group project room", LOL! Great thread!

MelanieA
09-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Loving the pictures. We officially start HS next year and will be moving before then and specifically looking for a space to have a HS room. Lots of ideas!

Leanne71
09-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Here is our spaces. Warts and all

MistyDixon
09-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Love that you didn't clean it up and just went real with it, kudos, Leanne. Also digging the fist bump!

MistyDixon
09-02-2013, 01:55 PM
This is our classroom. 1935 1936 1937

quabbin
09-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Here's our space, which is part of the living room:

Leanne71
09-03-2013, 06:49 PM
My eyes started itching when I saw the cat! LOL

Wish our space could be kept tidy, but with 5 of us constantly looking for stuff it isn't that easy in such a small, windowless room!

crunchynerd
09-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Dining room, with spillage into the living room and kitchen. The dining table is sort of the epicenter, though the kitchen table also serves if DD needs to do something with me right there, when I also am in the kitchen. The dining room is what separates kitchen from living room, and has the computer desk, bills/office supplies area, and a chalkboard (not huge, but big enough for us to have fun with) and lots of shelves, but not near enough. It works for us, mostly.

Jeni
09-04-2013, 03:31 PM
We use the dinning room. We eat in the living room, so that solved the clearing off problem. I won't be sharing a picture because we are all over the house with our stuff. I LOVED having a whole school room, though in reality, it was easier to work in the living room area.

KittyP
09-04-2013, 03:45 PM
I would kill for a dedicated space for school. Right now school stuff is housed wherever there happens to be space and there's no where to put the whiteboard or projects so they just float around. We use the coffee table for doing most things though I'd love to have a place to put a desk. It's high up on my wishlist for when we buy a place.

Heidi M
09-12-2013, 06:12 AM
Here's one area...I hope this works I've been having an issue with the machine.

umma
04-29-2015, 11:54 PM
Bump. I would like to see more school rooms.

Norm Deplume
04-30-2015, 11:38 AM
Nobody wants to see mine, but I'll describe it to you anyway: It's a dining room table too filled with books and papers (and a few toys and tools leftover from the last science project).

CrazyMom
04-30-2015, 12:15 PM
We never had one. We've got a library....but that's general purpose. We've got an arts and crafts cabinet....again, general purpose. We've got an office supplies cabinet, general purpose. We each have a desk in a communal office.

I LOVE our communal office.

Elle could do homework for school, I could do homework for the college classes I was working on, and Hubby could do paperwork for work.....and instead of being in three different rooms....we were within a few feet of each other. It was really nice during the school year. Wasn't exactly "spending time together"....but it sorta...was....too. Gave us a little more sense of unity during the week when we didn't get to see each other as much.

Elle's in here right now, surfing the net and drinking coffee with me. We were up late last night working on sorting all her crap. LOL. So it's a lazy morning, and it's lovely. Gorgeous day, too:) Need to get our butts moving and get outta here!

h5rus
04-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Here are a few pics of our school room..

reading nook/area:

MNDad
04-30-2015, 12:42 PM
We roughly divide our time between these two places when we're home. That's DD6 and Luna in the studio.

RunningYogini
04-30-2015, 01:10 PM
Thanks for bumping this thread! I LOVE seeing photos! Lot's of inspiration out there.

CrazyMom
04-30-2015, 01:56 PM
MNDad....LOVE the pics:) Beautiful little one and her pup!

CrazyMom
04-30-2015, 01:57 PM
h5rus....LOVE the color! How cheerful:)

ikslo
04-30-2015, 02:15 PM
h5rus - I'm drooling over your poster wall.

Marmalade
04-30-2015, 02:16 PM
I've never actually looked at this thread because I knew it would make me jealous. I was right.

all the rooms are so awesome!!

alexsmom
04-30-2015, 02:28 PM
Makes me motivated to tidy up!

fastweedpuller
04-30-2015, 02:32 PM
I know, alexsmom! T-I-D-Y. Lovely though!! Thanks for sharing, everyone...

MNDad
04-30-2015, 02:47 PM
True confessions: We are in the process of selling this house; so it has been tidied up for other reasons...Our workspaces don't usually look like that. And house just sold today! Woohoo! Downsizing time.

Free Thinker
04-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Congrats on the house sale! Awesome HS rooms!

alexsmom
04-30-2015, 05:10 PM
Moving to the great snowy north now?

Oh wait, youre already in Minn.

The Great Snowier north now?

MNDad
04-30-2015, 06:04 PM
Moving to the great snowy north now?

Oh wait, youre already in Minn.

The Great Snowier north now?

Funny. Believe it or not, we are ultimately (once immigration and licensure stuff is settled) moving **south** to Canada.

skrink
04-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Funny. Believe it or not, we are ultimately (once immigration and licensure stuff is settled) moving **south** to Canada.

So jealous, on many levels! Congrats on the sale, MNDad, and good luck. :)

Luv2HS
05-04-2015, 05:21 AM
love this!! i have envy...

Starkspack
05-04-2015, 08:47 AM
h5rus.....wow, so impressive! MNDad, I love your spaces, and congrats on the sale and the impending move. Now the pressure will be on to submit new photos of your new place. ;)

If I can tidy up here, I'll take some pics...

groovymom2000
05-15-2015, 03:19 PM
Late to this thread, although I could have sworn I posted in it long ago...I just finished redoing our school room/office area. Fresh paint and new desks (that I built-love Ana White's site), culled curricula and supplies, and a new rug. We are set for July (when we start back).

3129 3130 3131 I built a standing desk for me-I spent far too much time sitting last winter, and I feel it.

stephk
05-17-2015, 04:25 PM
I'm wonderfully late to this thread, but I loooove seeing all the HS areas! Ours is a combo HS / craft room, though we do much of our work at the kitchen table. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/2l4D5AC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SWDFczh.jpg

alexsmom
05-18-2015, 12:08 AM
I am so impressed by how many people have actual homeschooling areas looking all neat and tidy! We sprawl over the kitchen table, a desk, and a box originally meant to contain everything. Yes, well. :p
I consider it a success if we can get through a day of schoolwork without there being at least one mad scurrying search for some book or paper. (DS has perfected his ability to lose things recently, and enjoys showing that off.)

CrazyMom
05-18-2015, 12:38 AM
The rooms are so cheerful and cutely decorated. I love them all. What a great job, folks! I just wanna grab a book and curl up in the corner of these rooms...they're lovely.

Luv2HS
05-18-2015, 04:59 AM
I just want to say thank you all for sharing. Because of this thread I was inspired to clean-up our "area" a.k.a. our living room quite a bit. It wasn't dirty but was definitely disorganized. And, my kids, too, can "magically" lose something they didn't feel like working on. Now, they're workstuff (current and in progress) is in file box for each. They each have an "art box" with their personal art supplies (we have many, many more for communal use) on top of each file box. And on top of all that, they have a binder that holds completed work along with their respective pencil boxes. They are very territorial about erasers lol. We do have supplies anyone can use but they do seem to like having their very "own".

I do wish we could have a dedicated room, but, I don't even know if we'd use it. They love reading, knitting, and listening to audiobooks on the couch, doing math on the dining table, and pulling out on of those Costco folding tables for Legos, marble runs, puzzles, drawing, etc. I guess now that I see that all typed out, I am very grateful they have a place they like for everything.:smile: