PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I'm not the only one...

amphibology29
06-15-2010, 01:13 AM
who gets lured into sales! I blame it on my mother, who could never pass up a deal.

I try so hard not to spend money on something we don't need just because it's a good sale but this time I just had to, and now in my excitement I have to tell someone. :D On another forum I frequent someone posted a link to a website selling organic cotton baby and children's clothing, and since they're having a big clearance sale I thought it couldn't hurt to browse. I figured organic cotton, even on clearance, would be more than frugal me was willing to buy. But oh, how I was lured! I ended up spending $35 on Sakura and $36 on the gestating little one (none of their stuff is big enough for Nikko) and came out with a boatload!

For Sakura I got: a pair of leggings, a t-shirt, 2 kimono tops, a hat, and two dolls that I'm planning to save for her birthday later this summer (average cost per item: $5)
For the baby I got: 3 kimono tops, 3 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, and a hat (average cost per item: $4)

And drumroll, please... I saved $181 off of what the full price cost would have been. Mom would be proud.

Green Vixen
06-15-2010, 01:38 AM
and the link to this fabulous sale is...

Marisa

paganmomblog
06-15-2010, 07:20 AM
I am the same way, drives my hubs nuts. But if I can save 50%-90% of what it would normally cost there is no reason to pass it up!

amphibology29
06-15-2010, 07:55 AM
and the link to this fabulous sale is...

Marisa

http://www.happygreenbee.com/clearancestore.cfm

Enjoy! Haha!

Snoopy
06-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Good for you!!! I love sales as well, I have a 30% off code for Kohl's that
s been good for a few days and I've already been there twice and used it on clearance items for the kids. It needs to expire soon though because I'm running out of money. My ex used to say, when I came back from a shopping trip: "I know, you would have saved more but you ran out!". So true.

It's exciting to get baby stuff!

Riceball_Mommy
06-15-2010, 09:02 AM
I love a good sale, I always end up buying things I shouldn't just because it's a good deal. So I definitely know what you mean.

kcanders
06-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Gee, thanks a lot. :) Now I just spent $40 on cute stripey clothes my 3 month old really didn't need. But they are really cute. Luckily he's a boy and the clothes were too small for my daughter, or I would have bought way to much. Thanks Nani!

Krish

pandahoneybee
06-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Thats a great price! Well if I shopped it would be, I am what you would call a overboard shopper;)
My DH loves it, NOT. If I was to see a sale like that I would not be able to stop myself! Lucky for me the boys could care less about clothes at least right now, otherwise they would be decked out! with lace and pink stuff on wait thats me;) hehe

Thanks for the link, I will have to hide the CC before going on there;)

Topsy
06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
It took me 20 years to get over my clothing sale addiction. I would always have a closet full of the god-awfulest ugly clothes you could possibly imagine...simply because I got them on clearance!! I finally have gotten to the place where (mostly) I buy things because I actually LIKE them...not because they are on sale!! I didn't even realize I HAD a style I preferred. My style up till recently was "clearance-rack". LOL

Sarbare0704
06-15-2010, 12:31 PM
I LOVE sale shopping! Better yet I love rummage sale shopping! That is how my kids mostly get their clothes! This summer alone which in Wisconsin has consisted of like 4 fridays lol I have picked up a full totes worth for each of the kids of too big clothes! I love having the bigger stuff just waiting! Then when they grow I dont need to run out and get a new wordrobe! I always seem to just need to pick up a few odds and ends and that is it! Plus then they end up getting clothes that are more expensive then I would ever buy! Oh yeah.. and so far I have spent like 40 buck on rummage clothes this year! Not bad as far as I'm concerned!

paganmomblog
06-15-2010, 01:49 PM
My favorite way to save is print up my 40% off coupons for AC Moore's and get my craft/knitting supplies. I live real close to one so sometimes I will print up multiple coupons and make several trips picking up what I need. I also have their reward card so every few months I get a $10 gift certificate. LOVE that!