PDA

View Full Version : raw recipes

Deli76
05-27-2012, 08:51 PM
my daughter will not eat fruit and veggies ccoked or canned. so its all raw. and the boxed snacks she doesnt like because she can taste the chemicals ( so can i ). she doesnt like pizza, spaghetti or hot dogs ( the hot dogs just come right back up). so we just do a lot of raw recipes and make our own sweet treats.
this recipe is a quick recipe. mainly goes by the look and consistency. happy eating! :)

Granola Bars
1 C dates
1 TBSP honey
1 TBSP coconut oil
1 + Cups Oatmeal ( be careful of how much oat meal you use, i start off with 1 cup, then add the optional ingrediants and eyeball any additional oats if needed)
optional: nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, dehydrated fruits, use your imagination(this is where she gets creative).

in a food processor process dates with small amounts of water until you get a dry paste. add in cocnut oil and honey. process until blended. put date mixture in a bowl fold in extra ingrediants you chose ( as much as you feel is good)you should be able to press all ingrediants into a ball at this point. if not adjust ingrediants with an additional date or two. press the ingrediants in the bottom of the pan about 1/2 in thick or more ( thin or thick which ever you prefer). let sit in the refridgerator until stiff. Cut into bars and eat! Enjoy!
this is her fave! i make it every week! i also make a raw dehydrated bread with apple, carrots, nuts and flax. So good! if you would like this recipe as well, let me know!

KristinK
05-27-2012, 10:22 PM
sounds delish! thanks for sharing :)