PDA

View Full Version : Notebooking???

DANI
05-22-2012, 01:05 AM
Does anyone notebook? Do you add to a curriculum or do you choose a subject, read some books, then add to the notebook? How do you choose what subject to teach? Is there a list that goes along with notebooking for each grade? I think the idea is brilliant but have no idea where or how to start. My daughter is 6 and will be hs my pk daughter this fall as well. Is there anyone who uses MBTP and notebooks? I ordered the 6-8 set and have yet to start it. Thanks for any information!

lakshmi
05-22-2012, 01:38 AM
hi DANI.... <waves>

KristinK
05-22-2012, 09:55 AM
thanks...something else to research...LOL :)

Actually I guess we sometimes semi-notebook. How's that for an answer?! ha! My dd8 keeps starting notebooks of various things she's reading about. but a few pages in, interest is lost, the notebook gets forgotten under piles of papers, and she moves onwards. I should really put some real thought into this to see if it could really work for her....

I haven't read much about it though. is it somehow different from lapbooking? off to read until the kids find me...

AmyButler
05-22-2012, 10:45 AM
From what I can figure out, Notebooking is lapbooking on crack. We have discovered lapbooking and are having a blast with it, next year I am going to move to more notebooking as she will be able to fit more in and lapbooks can still be made and added to the notebook. (Folded over ducktape on the edge, punch 3 homes, insert in binder)

AmyAce
05-25-2012, 09:22 AM
I was hoping to see dozens of replies because I have the same question. I am attempting a notebooking approach to social studies next year, which will be my first year homeschooling. I plan to take a lot of field trips, and I picture our first notebooks to be like scrapbooks. If anyone knows of some notebooking resources please post!

Crystal830
07-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Check out notebookingfairy.com!

jessica14
07-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Check out notebookingfairy.com!
Thanks for the link! I had no idea about any of this. I just got familiar with lapbooking, but I really like this instead.!

Paula
07-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks for that link, Crystal830!

lynne
07-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks for that link. I love this idea! I think my boys will really love choosing pictures to glue on the pages and will hopefully make writing a little more fun for them.

AmyAce
07-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Great link, Thanks!

Little Brownelf
07-22-2012, 04:22 AM
From what I can figure out, Notebooking is lapbooking on crack. We have discovered lapbooking and are having a blast with it, next year I am going to move to more notebooking as she will be able to fit more in and lapbooks can still be made and added to the notebook. (Folded over ducktape on the edge, punch 3 homes, insert in binder)

HAHAHA.... :)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't know/ understand this. I was adverse to lapbooking until I saw ds respond to it for SOTW 1.

bcnlvr
07-22-2012, 09:45 AM
For my ds6 last year, I would read Usborne World History to him, then we would do the links together. Afterward, he would draw a picture and write a sentence or two describing what we covered that day. He seemed to like it. And I got to put something in his history portfolio (instead of the nothing that I had before....lol). Is that notebooking???? It is certainly free!!

modmom
10-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I would really like to start something like this. We are moving towards unit studies, I think this would be a great way to make it a little more cohesive. Instead of the disjointed feeling we have now.

Marmalade
10-02-2012, 05:45 PM
50 States Notebook (http://www.squidoo.com/50statesnotebook)

this is as close to notebooking as I've come. I think if I had more time to invest in it I'd like to do it more often...

This woman has a ton of resources..not all secular... Jimmie’s Collage (http://jimmiescollage.com/)

Freedom
10-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks for sharing this site. Maybe dd will get inspired to finish what she starts. :)

SusanC
10-16-2012, 08:46 PM
I was checking out this currclick page (http://www.currclick.com/index.php?keywords=scribe&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=&sdate_from=&sdate_to=&stime_from=&stime_to=&x=0&y=0) on a recommendation from the other forum. Looks cheap and covers a lot of history and science and famous people, but I haven't bought one. The bottom of the page is one for the Lord of the Rings.

BakedAk
10-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Jimmie, of Jimmie's Collage, is The Notebooking Fairy. (Great stuff, most FREE, yea!) There's also a site called homeschoolshare.com (http://www.homeschoolshare.com/lapbooking_resources.php) (warning - watch out for Christian content...and, unless you want one of those uneasy-can-people-really-believe-this-crap kind of laughs, don't even bother with the dinosaur unit..."all dinosaurs were vegetarian before the Fall" gimme a break!) and NotebookingPages.com (http://www.notebookingpages.com) (also religious, but the nature of notebooking is such that one can include what one considers important and leave out the rest) There is a forum at NotebookingPages, with a gallery of students' work. Nice to look at to get a sense of what can be done, and at what age.

Have fun!

Edited to add link, and because I just realized that homeschoolshare.com is primarily a lapbooking resource - still useful, just younger.