PDA

View Full Version : Curriculum reviews

dbmamaz
05-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Ok, i've been looking at that anouncement and feeling guilty because, as verbose as I am, i dont seem inspired to write up reviews here. and i think i should!

I'm wondering (being a schedule-oriented person lol) if there should be a product-of-the-week for reviewing - sort of like the polls - where a specific curriculum (or maybe several?) are suggested for reviewing, so we can start to build up our reviews?

as an aside, i had trouble seeing the difference between the curriculum in the curriculum grid which did or did not have reviews - i pretty much had to hover over them to see the arrow change to a hand. Is there any way to make those clearer?

Topsy
05-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Ok, i've been looking at that anouncement and feeling guilty because, as verbose as I am, i dont seem inspired to write up reviews here. and i think i should!

I'm wondering (being a schedule-oriented person lol) if there should be a product-of-the-week for reviewing - sort of like the polls - where a specific curriculum (or maybe several?) are suggested for reviewing, so we can start to build up our reviews?

Sounds like a great idea to me, Cara! I'll check with the other gals and see if this can be put into practice soon! :)

as an aside, i had trouble seeing the difference between the curriculum in the curriculum grid which did or did not have reviews - i pretty much had to hover over them to see the arrow change to a hand. Is there any way to make those clearer?

They SHOULD only be underlined if there is a review. Check that for me and let me know...

dbmamaz
05-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Yeah, i guess it is underlined and bolded. I guess it just didnt stand out until i knew what i was looking for?

QueenBee
06-01-2012, 10:48 PM
I agree - great idea about the weekly product, Cara. It would be a great reminder!

alexsmom
10-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Could we also post pictures in the curriculum review? For me when looking for a worksheet kind of product, seeing what the workproduct is going to look like is a big factor.

Also a link to the products website would be useful for further researching.

And sortable by subject area, so if I wanted to find all the reviewed US history choices, I wouldnt have to already know what they are called.

;)

Topsy
10-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Could we also post pictures in the curriculum review? For me when looking for a worksheet kind of product, seeing what the workproduct is going to look like is a big factor.

Also a link to the products website would be useful for further researching.

And sortable by subject area, so if I wanted to find all the reviewed US history choices, I wouldnt have to already know what they are called.

;)

Alexsmom, thanks for your feedback. We've never had a request until now to include an image with a submitted review, but that's definitely something to consider. We'll ponder that idea and see if its workable. If you'll notice, our products review page is just one place to discover the reviews. The other place is beside each specific curriculum listing in our secular homeschool curriculum directory (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/images/misc/SHS%20Curriculum%20Directory%20Logo.jpg). There, you can explore curriculum by subject AND discover if the program you're interested in has an associated review. Also, featured curriculum in the directory has links to the vendor's website, so you can visit directly from there. Hope that helps!

alexsmom
10-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Ahhh maybe I didnt look around enough, thanks!