PDA

View Full Version : Leapster and other Leapfrog items

Sarbare0704
06-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Lucy got the Leapfrog write and scribble (http://www.sensationalbeginnings.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=E+2+9139)for Christmas and a Leapster 2 for her birthday this year and since she has gotten them she has been so so so much better at writing and recognizing letters and numbers. She loves them both and I swear there were things I was trying so hard to get her to get but she didnt until she started playing with these!
Do you have any other Leapfrog items you like? Any game suggestions for the Leapster? She only has a couple but they are mostly all letters I was thinking maybe a good math one?

crazymama
06-10-2010, 09:42 PM
We don't have any of the leapsters.. we did just pick up one of their Explorer Globes for a buck at a yardsale.. totally awesome score!!

We like the fridge phonics thing, and we had what they called a phonics desk but we ditched it because it was bulky and just put the letters on the fridge. I'm not sure you can go wrong with any Leap Frog toy ;)

crazymama
06-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Do you have the dvds? My kids LOVE the dvds.. all of them (except the new one about school, I haven't found it in me yet to let my kids watch it..lol), and they learn SOOOO much from them.

Riceball_Mommy
06-10-2010, 09:50 PM
We have the Leapster 2 as well, my daughter loves hers. She loves all things Disney, so all her games are Disney related, Ratatouille, Disney Princess, Wall-E, Tinkerbell, and Princess and the Frog. I know that Tinkerbell and Princess and the Frog incorporate some math into the games.
We have the Tag system, but she's not so into that right now. I figure once she starts reading she might use it more. We also have the Zippity and the games are a lot like the Leapster but more active. She has the ClickStart computer too, my only complaint with that is the mouse, it's not always the easiest thing to use.

Snoopy
06-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Do you have the dvds? My kids LOVE the dvds.. all of them (except the new one about school, I haven't found it in me yet to let my kids watch it..lol), and they learn SOOOO much from them.
Letter Factory, Talking Words Factory, Math Circus... Noah had studied his sounds and letters and numbers with other programs but he was a little slow on the intake sometimes. One day I got the Letter Factory DVD from the library and by the end of the day, he had memorized all his sounds. I was AMAZED. Many of my friends have reported similar breakthroughs with that DVD.

Riceball_Mommy
06-10-2010, 11:02 PM
I keep hearing so much about the letter factory DVD I think I'll have to get that one out of the library next time we go. I think I've seen it on the shelf.

StartingOver
06-10-2010, 11:18 PM
We have all the DVD's,Quince learned all of his letter and their sounds in just a couple of days. Emma knows most of hers already. We also have Fridge Phonics, Tag , and the Tag Jr. I will be getting a Leapster2 for Quince the end of this month for his birthday. I love anything Leap Frog, for educational games !!!

pandahoneybee
06-11-2010, 09:09 AM
When we had a leapser we did alot of the super heros math (batman, spiderman etc) the boys liked them for a while. When they were smaller we did alot of Dora and Diego. WOW now I feel old!

amphibology29
06-11-2010, 09:45 AM
We have a LeapPad with several books that was given to me when my cousin's girls outgrew it, that my daughter loves flipping through and playing with now, though she's too young to really get a lot of the learning from it. My son has a Leapster2 that he's enjoyed for quite a while now, and for his birthday in May we just got him a Didj that was on major clearance with games also on big clearance. We're not big on video games, so when he does get to play it I love that he's learning and he just thinks he's having fun!

We also have the fridge alphabet set (just the single letter one, not the one with three letter spaces for spelling) and a fridge farm magnet set.

Sarbare0704
06-11-2010, 11:08 PM
I will have to check out those DVDs! I have heard a lot of great things about them. We also have the word wammer (the 3 letter fridge thing) the single letter one and the farm one lol but they hardly get played with Im glad I found the letter ones at goodwill and a rummage sale!

Sarbare0704
06-21-2010, 12:32 PM
So I just got this email from Leapfrog about the new leapster (http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/jump/Leapster-Explorer%22-Learning-Experience/productDetail/Leapster-Explorer-Handhelds/LEAPSTEREXPLORER39100/cat360005;jsessionid=6D4CA7F6057C39D74FD5D39584461 B60?selectedColor=&selectedSize=&navAction=push&navCount=0&categoryNav=false) It looks really cool! Kinda make me wish we didnt just get her one last Christmas! I like that it has Ebooks now!

Riceball_Mommy
06-21-2010, 10:02 PM
So I just got this email from Leapfrog about the new leapster (http://shop.leapfrog.com/leapfrog/jump/Leapster-Explorer%22-Learning-Experience/productDetail/Leapster-Explorer-Handhelds/LEAPSTEREXPLORER39100/cat360005;jsessionid=6D4CA7F6057C39D74FD5D39584461 B60?selectedColor=&selectedSize=&navAction=push&navCount=0&categoryNav=false) It looks really cool! Kinda make me wish we didnt just get her one last Christmas! I like that it has Ebooks now!

I know I was thinking the same thing. The ebooks feature looks really cool too. I just can't think of a good enough excuse to spend the money on a new one.

SherryZoned
06-22-2010, 08:25 PM
We are planning on getting one for teh 2 half year old because his brothers have Nintendo DS's...Yeah we like video games within reason! I figure no worse then TV lol

The 2 year old is to young for a DS...but my 5 year old offered to share his DS with him so he can use it to hahaha..

I definitely want the newest one coming out in July.

We do have a leappad that is randomly messing up but we are going to use it as much as possible before it dies!

Sarbare0704
06-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah I am not really all about kids playing a ton of video games and I was a little reluctant to even get her the leapster but I am happy to say I think she is learning a lot from it and she has some pretty strict rules to being able to play it and is never playing it for hours on end. She has to have her room and the playroom cleaned before she even thinks about playing it so that kinda works for motivation to get her "chores" done. I am glad they have something like this where I dont have to worry about weeding out the violent and useless games I know they all have some sort of value and she has fun playing them and I like that!

Sarbare0704
06-23-2010, 09:55 PM
ugh! It just occurred to me now they will not be making Leapster 2 games just the new ones :( what a bummer! I don't want to shell out for a new one less then a year later! I got a good price on the one she has like 30 bucks on Amazon but still!