PDA

View Full Version : Hello from UT

chinnymom
06-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Hello everyone! I am a homeschooler of a 12 yo boy. I have been homeschooling for the last 12 years. My dd is starting college in the fall. I am looking forward to learning from and interacting with all of you!

jessicalb
06-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Hi! I have a 12 year old boy, too, but we just started homeschooling about three years ago. So glad to meet you! :)

Snoopy
06-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Welcome Chinnymom! Glad to have you on board. Whereabouts in Utah are you? I have been following a blog from a mom who lives in UT and I never realized how beautiful the state was.

Shoe
06-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Welcome to the site. I look forward to learning from your experience.

pandahoneybee
06-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Welcome! Wow so there is a chance we will make it thru this homeschooling;) congrats on DD in college soon! I have two boys myself 13 and 8, so looking forward to talking with ya more;)

Topsy
06-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the site, chinnymom!! It is always great to have folks who are long-time homeschoolers on board...this site is such a nice balance of seasoned homeschoolers and newbies. The perfect combo, IMHO. Do you have a secular support group you belong to? If so, check out our list on the Resource Page (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/content/192-resources), and let me know if it isn't listed, and I'll get it up for you. We also have a group for Utah homeschoolers (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=72) here, and although it is currently very small, you can help it grow! ;) I hope to see you often on the forums...

BPier12
06-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi and Welcome, chinnymom! I have a 12 year old son as well and we are just beginning our homeschooling journey. I look forward to "seeing" you here and sharing in your homeschooling expertise!

inmom
06-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Welcome! I also have a 12 year old boy, along with a 13 year old daughter. We've been homeschooling 5 years. Where are you located in Utah? We're in northwest Indiana, but have been to Utah a couple of times for hiking vacations. Such stunning scenery out there!