PDA

View Full Version : Vid Pals

May
05-10-2012, 11:57 PM
My son has a few friends who use skype because their grandparents live far away. He keeps asking me to let him skype with someone, but all his relatives live close to us. I was wondering if anyone would like to start a new form of pen pal; vid pals. I don't have an educational reason for this (that I can think of), but if anyone's kid would like to make friends with a 5 year old from the NE USA, who loves video games and power rangers, let me know. I am in the process of setting up a google+ account so that we can do multiple video chat, and maybe we can have a few friends join in at the same time.

kristinabrooke
05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi. My daughter would love to video chat. She just turned 6 (April 27th) and is into video games, superheroes, and Avatar series. We have Skype, Google+, as well as FaceTime. We are also in the NE.

Kristina

ljswriter
05-11-2012, 03:34 PM
My 8 year old daughter has asked me about doing vid chats from time to time. Our schedule is a challenge (because I work full time swing shift), but we'd be up for it if the timing works.

May
05-15-2012, 08:06 PM
I'd love to create a virtual meeting place for all the kids. I am currently on Google+ under OakRidgeHomeAcademy if you both would like to add me.