PDA

View Full Version : Missing things from the resources page?

farrarwilliams
05-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I noticed that there don't seem to be any logic curricula listed (unless there was a section I missed - sorry!). Offhand I know of Mindbenders, Lollipop Logic, Tin Man Press's books, Logic Safari, and Logic Liftoff... There are others for middle and high school but I'm not sure which are secular.

Anyway, I thought other people might have noticed other things deserving of being listed.

farrarwilliams
05-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Oh, also I noticed that MEP is listed as K-8 but it's actually K-12... or, at least, it's K-9 with GCSE material and an A levels curriculum that's currently being added and developed, so I think in America-speak that's probably easiest to express as "K-12."

farrarwilliams
05-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Okay a few more...

Elemental Science (K-???)
CPO Science (middle school)
Inquiry in Action (middle school chemistry - it's free!)
Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding (K-8)

Bravewriter (K-12)
Wordly Wise (1-???)
Stack the Deck Writing

Also, so many people use Evan-Moor for various things - Daily Geography, 6 Trait Daily Writing, etc. that it seems like it should be listed somewhere...

Topsy
05-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Great feedback, Farrar! We'll work on examining if we need further curriculum categories and checking on adding each of your suggestions. Thanks!!

farrarwilliams
05-06-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm probably making you crazy, Topsy, but two more... Spelling Plus and Sequential Spelling in language arts.

pandahoneybee
05-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I will make sure she gets the message:)

Topsy
05-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Farrar - - I THINK I got most or all of the additional curriculum resources listed. Thanks again for those!! The admins are pow-wowing about the possibility of new curriculum categories...we should have a decision on that before too long.

Topsy
05-11-2012, 07:08 AM
I noticed that there don't seem to be any logic curricula listed (unless there was a section I missed - sorry!). Offhand I know of Mindbenders, Lollipop Logic, Tin Man Press's books, Logic Safari, and Logic Liftoff... There are others for middle and high school but I'm not sure which are secular.

Anyway, I thought other people might have noticed other things deserving of being listed.

Farrar,
We've decided not to include a separate logic/critical thinking category just yet, but we WILL get some of these resources you've shared added in to the electives category. Thanks again for the great feedback and suggestions...

dbmamaz
05-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Oh, could we also have a place for world religions? that questions has come up at least 4 times in the past year (ok, that doesnt sound like a lot lol) - but non-xtian-based religions curriculum or books. I mean, under extra-curriculars or whatever

farrarwilliams
05-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I sort of thought that extra-curriculars would be a fine place for logic... World religion could go under social studies though maybe?

dbmamaz
05-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Oh, yeah, that would make sense! I guess part of the problem is that there arent many actual curriculum, its more like books. which doesnt quite fit. hrmph.

farrarwilliams
05-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah, looking at that, I wondered where the line between something that people use as a spine that's basically just a book and a curriculum is... I think The Usborne World History Encyclopedia is on there, for example, but not A Little History of the World, The Story of Mankind, Builders of the Old World or Child's History of the World, all of which people use in the same way. And the Usborne Science Encyclopedia, which we use that way, isn't on there either... And the religions thing is the same sort of thing...

Maybe I'll do a blog post... 25 books (or 30 books or 50 books or whatever) that homeschoolers use as integral parts of curricula...

dbmamaz
05-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Oh, can you include math books maybe? challenge math? kitchen table math?

Topsy
05-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Oh, could we also have a place for world religions? that questions has come up at least 4 times in the past year (ok, that doesnt sound like a lot lol) - but non-xtian-based religions curriculum or books. I mean, under extra-curriculars or whatever

You gals have such great ideas! Want a job?? LOL You two are keeping me hopping!!! ;)

dbmamaz
01-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Logic of English is a great new phonics/reading/spelling curriculum that should be added. also, i often cannot see the logos of the featured products - like when I was looking at the language arts section, less than half of the features ones had the logos visible, and no link . . no name at all.

Topsy
01-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Logic of English is a great new phonics/reading/spelling curriculum that should be added. also, i often cannot see the logos of the featured products - like when I was looking at the language arts section, less than half of the features ones had the logos visible, and no link . . no name at all.

Thanks for the curriculum suggestion, Cara! I can't figure the issue with not seeing the logos though. Remind me...you are on iPad, right?

dbmamaz
01-18-2013, 10:52 AM
i dont usually come to this site on the ipad. i'm using chrome, though?

dbmamaz
01-18-2013, 11:00 AM
just went back to check. I can see logos for all about spelling and reading, college prep genius, time4learning and time4writing, and spelling city. thats it. the rest are empty and there is nothing to click on. On the multi-subject, I can only see evolution homeschool. fine arts i cant see any. i cant get to the foreign language section - the link takes me to fine arts. Math I can see college prep genius, homeschool programming, and time4learning. geography - none. science - homeschool programming and science powerpoint. History/Social studies the classical historian has a text link, and thats all i can see. electives I an see college prep genius, FE, and homeschool programming.

i also still have windows XP, if that might be contributing?

Topsy
01-18-2013, 11:16 AM
ACCCKKKK! Somehow I've overwritten the foreign language page with the fine arts page. Seeing if I can somehow restore that right now. THANKS for that heads up. The other stuff, I'm going to have to have Michael check into. If you could send me a screenshot of one of the pages you are seeing, that would be awesome. [email protected]

just went back to check. I can see logos for all about spelling and reading, college prep genius, time4learning and time4writing, and spelling city. thats it. the rest are empty and there is nothing to click on. On the multi-subject, I can only see evolution homeschool. fine arts i cant see any. i cant get to the foreign language section - the link takes me to fine arts. Math I can see college prep genius, homeschool programming, and time4learning. geography - none. science - homeschool programming and science powerpoint. History/Social studies the classical historian has a text link, and thats all i can see. electives I an see college prep genius, FE, and homeschool programming.

i also still have windows XP, if that might be contributing?

dbmamaz
01-18-2013, 02:37 PM
not finding your email can you pm me one?

crazyme
06-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Resurrecting an old thread because I was wondering how we suggest new curriculum for the directory? There is a link on the directory, but it seems more for publishers and authors. Do I list them there or here or elsewhere?

Aandwsmom
06-22-2017, 03:19 PM
Shoot me a PM with the curriculum info and I will check it out and add.

Resurrecting an old thread because I was wondering how we suggest new curriculum for the directory? There is a link on the directory, but it seems more for publishers and authors. Do I list them there or here or elsewhere?