PDA

View Full Version : math curriculum

dbmamaz
05-03-2012, 05:31 PM
someone was asking about upper level math, and was directed to the curriculum list . . . but it shows singapore as only through grade 6. Why? Singapore is a great secular resource for the upper grades too - which is so hard to find! Please, include singapore as grade prek-12, instead of only having 1 singapore series for grades 1-6! (even tho their website is down . . .it was up 2 hours ago lol)

ok, website back up - not prek, k-12

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
05-03-2012, 07:10 PM
I've been reading up on Singapore's upper level math programs on the WTM forums. Both the New Elementary Mathematics and Discovering Mathematics programs get high marks from parents who used Primary Mathematics.

Oh, and maybe add the new Beast Academy: www.beastacademy.com (http://www.beastacademy.com/) The first two books for third grade just came out a couple of months ago. Big hit here.

dbmamaz
05-03-2012, 07:38 PM
good point! technically beast academy is part of Art of PRoblem Solving, so that could just change to '3 and 6-12' and change it every year as they expand :_laugh:

(we are using singapore new syllabus but its working well for us)

dbmamaz
05-04-2012, 10:18 PM
actually, now that i think about it - maybe there should be a sticky at the top of the 'curriculum' forum with a link to the curriculum list?

Topsy
05-05-2012, 09:21 AM
GREAT Feedback, Cara!! Thanks so much for the suggestion...we will make those updates right away AND I will add your suggested sticky, too.

Topsy
05-05-2012, 09:31 AM
I've been reading up on Singapore's upper level math programs on the WTM forums. Both the New Elementary Mathematics and Discovering Mathematics programs get high marks from parents who used Primary Mathematics.

Oh, and maybe add the new Beast Academy: www.beastacademy.com (http://www.beastacademy.com/) The first two books for third grade just came out a couple of months ago. Big hit here.

Thanks for the suggestion of Beast Academy...I hadn't heard of that one until now.