PDA

View Full Version : German grammar?

PrairiePoppins
05-02-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm looking for a way to refresh my own German grammar and then practice writing in German. My kids are doing Rosetta Stone, and I have a pretty good German for speaking and listening (I can listen to a soccer game, for instance, and get 95% of the commentary). But I think my spoken German will only step up a level if I can get back to composing in German again. And short of going back to university or having my husband edit short notes, I'm drawing a blank.

Any ideas?

dbmamaz
05-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Idk, used textbook on amazon?

PrairiePoppins
05-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Idk?

Is that a program?

dbmamaz
05-07-2012, 08:50 PM
idk means i dont know. i'm just saying if you just want grammar you might just want to get a textbook - amazon has lots of used textbooks, and often they have ratings too

Alaskamom
05-07-2012, 09:29 PM
I don't have any advice for you but I do have a question of my own that you may be able to answer. I'm wanting to start my 3 rd grader out in German and wan't to use Rosetta Stone. However, I have heard that using the headset can be an issue for some kids due to pronunciation/voice pitch and it prevents them from progressing forward. Have you had this issue?

MarkInMD
05-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Rosetta Stone can be picky with the voice thing, but we used to just close the program and reopen it and then it seemed to be okay again. Just one of those computer vagaries.

As for German, I'd like to brush up on mine, as well. When you say you want to brush up on composing, do you mean writing your own original thoughts or doing something like translating or transcribing? If you can pick up most of the commentary you hear, maybe record some of it and try to write it down while playing it back, pausing as needed to catch up with your writing. That's what would probably work for me.

sb550h
06-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Try Duolingo.com