PDA

View Full Version : *big sigh of relief* Dance class is over for the summer!

schwartzkari
06-06-2010, 10:57 PM
My daughter had her 2nd dance recital Saturday evening. Last years recital was wonderful, but this years was amazing. She did a very good job and I'm proud of her and how hard she worked to memorize two dances. There were also some other dances performed by older girls at the studio and they were very moving pieces. Overall, a great show :)

I would never say this in front of my daughter, so I gotta say it on here: THANK GOODNESS DANCE IS DONE FOR A FEW MONTHS! I will support my baby girl in anything she wants to do, but wow. This year almost killed me...all the practices, stage rehearsals, costume fittings, etc etc etc...this mama needs a small break! LOL. And I will get one. Until August. Then she'll start her 3rd year of dance. I imagine the older she gets, the more work dance will become. It is all worth it though to see her pretty face in the spotlight on stage.

jessicalb
06-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Congratulations to you both!!! And enjoy your break, you deserve it!

reversemigration
06-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Congratulations to her for her hard work and achievement! And kudos and applause to you for being the one who made it happen - you deserve to take a bow, too.

Snoopy
06-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Congrats and enjoy the break. I hear the same thing from all my friends who have kids in dance about how much it costs and how intensive it gets with all the rehearsals and performances. I have to say, better you than me ;)

schwartzkari
06-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks everybody :)

Nathalie, honestly the tuition itself isn't too bad. 50 dollars flat a month...but once you add in the shoes, the leotards, the tights, the costumes, the tailor for the costumes, the gas to drive the car to all the practices and then buy the tickets for recital, it adds up!

Snoopy
06-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks everybody :) Nathalie, honestly the tuition itself isn't too bad. 50 dollars flat a month...but once you add in the shoes, the leotards, the tights, the costumes, the tailor for the costumes, the gas to drive the car to all the practices and then buy the tickets for recital, it adds up! Yes, $50 a month is very reasonable. My friend, whose 8 year-old daughter takes jazz, ballet, hip-hop and what not, told me last year that she had added up all her expenses and she had spent about $3,000 that year just for dance (lessons, costumes, recitals, etc, as you said). Yikes!

schwartzkari
06-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Yes, $50 a month is very reasonable. My friend, whose 8 year-old daughter takes jazz, ballet, hip-hop and what not, told me last year that she had added up all her expenses and she had spent about $3,000 that year just for dance (lessons, costumes, recitals, etc, as you said). Yikes!

oh wow. LOL. My daughter does ballet and tap. We spend about 1500 for the full year, including the tuition.

hockeymom
06-08-2010, 10:39 AM
I feel this way at the end of each hockey season. So many early mornings spent in tiny freezing barns-- some are colder inside than outside (no small thing given that it routinely hovers around 0F where I live)--huddled under blankets (I kid you not) and trying to down coffee before it gets too cold. Sometimes I can get some knitting in, but it depends where practices are held, sometimes the fingers get too frozen. Plus the time getting DS dressed--oh my! It's getting easier now that he can do most of it himself, though. I won't complain about the cost after seeing what dance costs though! Yikes!