PDA

View Full Version : Announcement for Secular Homeschool Conference

Sybil Cooper
03-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Hello,

I am assisting Dr. Kemnitz, owner of Royal Fireworks Press and distributor of Michael Clay Thompson Language Arts Material, in organizing the 2nd annual Royal Fireworks Press Mini-Conference to be held at Valley Forge Christian College, July 5th-7th. This is strictly an academically focused conference. Last years presenters were Susan Wise Bauer, Michael Clay Thompson, Laurel Dodge (nature studies), and Sheila Gallagher (critical thinking). We are assessing interest in another conference this year. I would like to post about the conference at your website which I just found today. If this is OK, please indicate which forum would best be suitable for such a post. Last year we had approximately 100 attendees. This conference was held due to request from Well Trained Mind members for a non-religious, academically focused conference where attendees could speak with the presenters and get specific questions answered.

Thank you for your time,

Sybil Cooper

Topsy
03-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Sybil,
You may announce it in our general Secular Homeschooling forum. We also have a list of secular conferences and conventions in our resource section. I will be happy to add yours if you would be good enough to share the website link. Thank you!

Sybil Cooper
03-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Sybil,
You may announce it in our general Secular Homeschooling forum. We also have a list of secular conferences and conventions in our resource section. I will be happy to add yours if you would be good enough to share the website link. Thank you!

Thank you! Dr. Kemnitz has not set up the website yet for the meeting. He takes his time with these things. All of the announcements are generally made through the RFWP Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-Fireworks-Press/103590278683 and the RFWP website http://www.rfwp.com. Soon registration links will be available through the RFWP website.

Last years conference was wonderful. We had about 100 attendees and we got to sit and talk to the speakers and get our specific questions answered. There was also plenty of time for HSers to meet each other and share ideas.

Thanks again,
Sybil Cooper

Topsy
04-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Okay...if you get an updated conference link, just follow up and let me know so I can add it. Thanks.