PDA

View Full Version : My in-laws will be here Thursday

Wilma
05-31-2010, 06:28 PM
One time, when we were living in CA, I went to a used book sale with MIL. I bought some well loved McGuffy Readers. MIL prattled on and on about how they were falling apart and I was so charmed with my purchase. We got home. I walked around the block to my neighbor's house. Her Dh answered the door and I promptly said, "I need a drink." They plied me with booze and I returned home. I was home in about 10 minutes.

I think that sums up how I feel about my life from this Thurs through next Tues.

pandahoneybee
05-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Oh Ann I know what you mean! I need a constant IV of alcohol when I am around my MIL! I do feel for you and I will think good thoughts for ya:)

paganmomblog
05-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Ugh! If it makes you feel better that is how I am with my mom. We just don't get along and we certainly don't see eye to eye on anything. I haven't spoken to her in 7 or 8 months now so she has no idea we are homeschooling after this school year is done with. I will be sure to have some rum on hand when she calls.

camaro
05-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Angela, it's good to know I'm not the only one. It's easier for me to talk to my MIL than my own mother who's gotten rather bitter and intolerant in her later years. Often it's easier not to express an opinion about something with her because it will surely be the wrong one. I suppose I can be thankful that she supported our idea to homeschool.

paganmomblog
05-31-2010, 09:25 PM
LOL same situation here, I adore my inlaws and think of them as my own parents. My hubs even tells people I married him for his parents!

BPier12
05-31-2010, 09:29 PM
One time, when we were living in CA, I went to a used book sale with MIL. I bought some well loved McGuffy Readers. MIL prattled on and on about how they were falling apart and I was so charmed with my purchase. We got home. I walked around the block to my neighbor's house. Her Dh answered the door and I promptly said, "I need a drink." They plied me with booze and I returned home. I was home in about 10 minutes.

I think that sums up how I feel about my life from this Thurs through next Tues.

Hang in there, Ann! We're here for you if you need to vent! :)

Shoe
06-01-2010, 11:04 AM

I'll be thinking of you. I'm going to be gone most of this week visiting my mother-in-law. I probably won't have access to the internet either :(

pandahoneybee
06-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Wishing you both alot of luck! BUT better you than me! hehehehehehe just kidding!

reversemigration
06-01-2010, 03:04 PM
I feel your pain, Ann. Oh, how I feel your pain.

Bellanina
06-03-2010, 02:58 PM
It's easier for me to talk to my MIL than my own mother who's gotten rather bitter and intolerant in her later years. Often it's easier not to express an opinion about something with her because it will surely be the wrong one.

And dear, you wonder why I stock alcohol in this house? It's for those times I'm stuck conversing with your ma. LOL ;)

Wilma
06-08-2010, 01:47 PM
They are gone. Life is back to normal. Doing the DoubleMint Kick and handsprings down the hall.

jessicalb
06-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Enjoy your peace! :)

paganmomblog
06-08-2010, 02:35 PM
YAY!!! Happy for ya!

Snoopy
06-08-2010, 04:00 PM
They are gone. Life is back to normal. Doing the DoubleMint Kick and handsprings down the hall. YAYYYYYYYYYYYY! You survived!

BPier12
06-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Yippee!! Enjoy having your life back!