PDA

View Full Version : New to forum and need some help?

MichaelP
02-22-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm looking for a local Issaquah family who are homeschooling their children. I was hoping my 11yr old 6th grade son Micah join long term at a monthly fee. He is a very good boy,very creative and bright but not doing well in Issaquah Middle School. I've hired a tutor who helped in certain aspects but the problem seems to be at school in the classrooms? I'm trying to locate local homeschooling groups/families, looking for the perfect homeschooling environment that my so could learn and thrive in. If anybody could point me in a more appropriate direction, as I'm not sure if I'm on the correct path....I would greatly appreciate it.

PS we are on our way to Old Navy and will check in when I get back

Thanks,
Michael P

dbmamaz
02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Ok, i think you're looking in the wrong place. First of all, if you are looking for local contacts, you should post on a local group. This is an international board. second of all, we actually had a poll asking if people would be willing to 'home school' someone elses child, and almost everyone said no. Homeschooling is about teaching your own child. It really sounds like you are looking for a private school. Is there any way you could actually home school him, yourself, at home? Or see if your state has a virtual school program?

MichaelP
02-22-2012, 07:16 PM
No I can't but wish I could. Thanks for the info.