PDA

View Full Version : Yay for lazy mornings!

cupcakes0104
02-09-2012, 09:21 PM
http://ideas.time.com/2012/02/01/why-morning-routines-are-creativity-killers/?xid=newsletter-weekly

This article says the hustle and bustle of a morning routine can kill creativity. Yay for lazy mornings!!

MarkInMD
02-15-2012, 05:20 AM
Pretty much every morning here is slow-starting. Seems to work out okay most times. I think the issues we have aren't related to the starting time of school. But I will say I like the fact that Hurricane can stay up until midnight reading a book at least three years past his grade level and we don't have to worry about getting him up for the bus. :)

JinxieFox
02-15-2012, 06:21 AM
Very cool. Yeah, we're slow starters here too. I don't get out of bed before 8 a.m. and that's the way I like it. It's nice to ease into our day; no stress. Sure, I do plan the next day the night before - lay out schoolwork on the table and determine if I'm going to run errands. Everything is written down in a day planner, but we adhere to times very loosely and my planning is general, such as "Homeschooling" and "Errands" written at approximate times. I like things planned, but I don't like to rush.

Taking time to get into the day is also more conducive to enjoying it in a good mood. At least, for me. :)

SunnyDays
02-17-2012, 01:07 AM
I am decidedly *not* a morning person. I still have no idea how I used to be at work at 7am. And one of my very favorite things about homeschooling is getting out of my pajamas whenever the heck I feel like it. Three cheers for lazy mornings!!