PDA

View Full Version : Wish us luck this weekend!

Wilma
05-28-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm about the take the 2 younger ones to Bentonville, Arkansas for a swim meet. DH will stay home with the oldest. My 12 yo is swimming the 1500 tonight for the first time. Essentially a mile. She is nervous and excited. She loves distance events and her coaches think distance is her strong point. Her cousin holds the world record in the event and when Julia got her USA Swimming Magazine this week, there was a blurb from Kate giving pointers on how to swim the event successfully. We thought that was great timing! Anyway, if you remember around 7 CST to think of Julia, I'd appreciate it!

pandahoneybee
05-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Good luck Wilma! I was just going to ask if any one on here does swim teams! I just signed my boys up for the neighborhood one this year, they love it even though they are way behind everyone else on the team! I even took them to the pool this morning to practice, its way harder than it looks!

BPier12
05-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Safe travels to you and the girls!! Hope you all have a fun time and that the meet goes well for Julia!

LJean
05-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Hope all goes well this weekend!

hjdong
05-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Good luck this weekend!

Snoopy
05-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey, good luck with everything and I think that's kind of nifty that you have a world record holder in your family :) I'll try to remember to think of your daughter at the right time! Don't forget to let us know how she did!

I have signed up Noah and his sister for a non-competitive summer swim league that starts in a couple of weeks for 6 weeks. I hope they like it! Noah is giving me the "but I don't want to do thaaaaaaaaaaaaat!" grunts but he never wants to do anything and always end up having a good time anyway. His sister (11) is quite athletic so she's looking forward to it.

Shoe
05-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Good luck and have fun! I'll be thinking of you.

reversemigration
05-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Good luck to Julia, Ann! That's remarkable that her cousin is the world record holder, and it must be inspiring to your daughter. She can follow in some wet footprints! :)

Wilma
05-30-2010, 01:02 PM
She did great! It was miserably hot on Friday night and she swam in the last heat of the evening. A very long, sticky wait. I was sitting with the coaches while she swam and they were keeping track of her times on her 50's. She kept a consistent 43-44 second pace on all of them. She finished with an A time, just 9 seconds from a AA, which, on a mile, is easy to cut. He coach said she rarely such a great perfomance on the first 1500 someone does. When we asked her how she felt after she cooled down she said exhausted and she wants to do it again!

Yesterday she was exhausted and neither she nor my younger one did as well as they would have liked. But they are well rested for the last session today. Their last event is a 200 IM. I wish it was the first because after being in the heat they will be tired. Fortunately we have a lot of awnings to sit under. I hope we get done early because the drive is much longer than we expected.

reversemigration
05-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Congratulations to Julia on her excellent performance, and I hope things go well for her this afternoon!

Snoopy
05-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Congrats to Julia! I hope they did well yesterday as well :)

pandahoneybee
05-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Congrats! I hope that they had fun and you too;)

pandahoneybee
05-31-2010, 02:33 PM
I have signed up Noah and his sister for a non-competitive summer swim league that starts in a couple of weeks for 6 weeks. I hope they like it! Noah is giving me the "but I don't want to do thaaaaaaaaaaaaat!" grunts but he never wants to do anything and always end up having a good time anyway. His sister (11) is quite athletic so she's looking forward to it.
I did this for mine as well this summer! And when they did the same thing as Noah I said too bad so sad, trying to teach them to give everything a try! ya know!